LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dell cloud client-computing today at Citrix Synergy unveiled its broadest portfolio of new and updated virtual workspace solutions including new thin client and software solutions to meet the demands of the modern workplace. Dell is introducing two new thin clients: the Wyse 7040, specifically designed with the highest levels of security and performance to meet the needs of future-ready focused organizations, including specific capabilities aimed at the needs of the Federal market, and the Wyse 3030 LT, a highly secure and affordable solution based on ultra-secure Dell Wyse ThinOS or new Wyse ThinLinux technology. In addition, Dell is also announcing the latest version of its virus-resistant, thin client operating system, ThinOS 8.3, the debut of Wyse ThinLinux, and the latest version of its management software, Wyse Device Manager 5.7.
This follows the announcement last week of Dell’s new solutions for more effectively securing VDI and virtual workspace environments with the integration of advanced threat protection for Windows thin clients and virtual desktops with Dell Data Protection | Threat Defense for thin clients, and Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise for VDI environments. These new solutions, as well as other current Dell cloud client-computing solutions, are showcased in booth #610 at Citrix Synergy 2016, and will be available through Dell or through Dell PartnerDirect partners in the coming months.
Wyse 7040 Thin Client Designed to Meet the Performance Demands of Future-Ready Organizations
The Dell Wyse 7040 is a highly secure thin client solution that delivers advanced, multimedia-class performance and broad connectivity based on the needs of our most demanding virtual workspace business customers, and the unique security and compliance requirements for the Federal and related markets. For government agencies where security is paramount, the solution is accredited with major Federal compliance and certification credentials including OPAL-compliant storage options, TAA, Energy-Star and EPEAT. The Dell Wyse 7040 will be configured with Windows Embedded Standard 7p at launch, and will be Windows 10 IoT ready. It also comes with enhanced security features including Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and BitLocker, and the thin clients can be further protected from advanced persistent threats and malware with Dell Data Protection | Threat Defense, the advanced threat prevention solution which uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to proactively prevent malware including ransomware and zero day threats on all Windows thin clients.
The Dell Wyse 7040 thin client also features:
- High performance and manageability: The thin client incorporates powerful quad-core 6th generation Intel i5 or i7 processors and enterprise-class management capabilities with Intel vPRO and support for Wyse Device Manager, System Center Configuration Manager and Dell Command Configure.
- Rich communications and connectivity: The Wyse 7040 allows organizations significant flexibility to configure their solution with various display requirements, including support for a UHD “4K” display (3840x2160), or three 2560x1600 displays via daisy chain. The thin client also features a rich level of USB configurability with six USB 3.0 ports, and the capability – either through the BIOS or the Dell Command Configure tool - to lock them down to prevent data leakage, only supporting the use of a keyboard and mouse, and preventing the use of storage or communication devices.
- SecureView functionality: The Dell Wyse 7040 is SecureView capable, the best-in-class, Federal-preferred client virtualization environment that can run multiple virtual desktops, even at different security levels, on just one device.
Wyse 3030 LT Thin Client: Future-Ready Security, Manageability and Performance with Low TCO
Dell has always been a leader in innovation to drive down the cost and complexity of VDI solutions while providing better performance and more manageability that all organizations need today, and as their needs evolve in the future. The Dell Wyse 3030 LT thin client, designed for a 6-8 year lifecycle, offers organizations a highly secure, yet affordable solution with broad connectivity that can be easily scaled for deployments ranging from a few employees to tens of thousands. It can be configured with either Wyse ThinOS 8.3 or Wyse ThinLinux firmware technologies to deliver leading-edge security and an optimized user experience.
Additional features of the Wyse 3030 LT include:
- Highly Secure: The Wyse 3030 LT thin client includes support for single sign-on and VPN, and is based on the inherently secure, virus-resistant Wyse ThinOS or ThinLinux operating systems.
- Easy Manageability: The solution offers an easy, out-of-the-box setup, with flexible configuration and management via Wyse Device Manager to deliver over-the-air configuration and policy management. With these management solutions, IT administrators can support Wyse thin clients and select mobile devices from a single console, enable user self-service provisioning and monitor user devices, track asset inventory or enforce policy compliance for thousands of devices.
- Leading Performance and User Experience: The thin client features a dual-core Intel Bay Trail 1.6GHz processor and integrated graphics engine for a smooth, enjoyable user experience including support for two high-resolution displays up to 1920x1200, 60Hz. The solution also offers multiple connectivity options including wired networking or 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band Wi-Fi, two Display Ports, and four USB ports, including one USB 3.0 port for high-speed peripherals.
- Superior energy efficiency: The Dell Wyse 3030 LT consumes less than 12 watts and is Energy Star certified, so organizations can enjoy lower energy consumption costs and reduce their carbon footprint.
Providing Virus-Resistant Thin Client Solutions with Wyse ThinOS 8.3
Dell continues to provide organizations with the most virus-resistant, thin client operating system with Wyse ThinOS 8.3. Earlier this year, Dell integrated the Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for increased unified communications capability. With this release, ThinOS adds support for Skype for Business in addition to Lync 2010 and Lync 2013.
ThinOS 8.3 supports a set of updated protocol features from Citrix, VMware, Teradici, and RDP, as well as Windows 10 virtual machines. It also supports Amazon Web Services connections over PCoIP, and is compatible with the latest Wyse management options, including Wyse Device Manager 5.7. For healthcare customers, it also supports Imprivata’s biometric fingerprint authentication solution so clinicians can quickly and securely access patient data throughout a healthcare facility.
New Wyse ThinLinux Software Optimized for Thin Clients
Wyse ThinLinux is a new thin client-optimized software based on SUSE Linux that has been further hardened and optimized by Dell for thin client environments. ThinLinux features a simplified user experience and intuitive interface for easy adoption for new users. It provides a flexible thin client operating environment with broad peripheral support including a variety of monitors, including 4K displays, printers, smart cards, and fingerprint readers. It also features broad broker support including Citrix Receiver 13.1, VMware View and Amazon Workspace, and support for unified communication platforms including Skype for Business, Lync 2013 and Lync 2010. For additional security, ThinLinux also supports single sign-on and VPN.
Thin Client Management Software Wyse Device Manager 5.7 Brings New, Intuitive Interface, Support for Public Cloud Deployment
Dell Wyse Device Manager (WDM) is the premiere solution for centralized management of Dell Wyse thin and zero clients, allowing IT teams to easily issue software images, patches, updates and add-ons from a single console. WDM is a highly scalable thin client management software solution, giving customers the ability to reliably scale to more than 100,000 devices based on either Windows Embedded Standard, Linux, ThinLinux, Wyse ThinOS, or PCoIP. It is available in a free Workgroup Edition for deployments of up to 10,000 seats, or a paid Enterprise Edition for customers with larger VDI deployments. Version 5.7 includes major enhancements to improve user experience and management. New features include:
- Enhanced user interface: The solution features a new, intuitive web-based UI with a simplified user experience, improved workflows and enhanced search capabilities. The new UI can be used to perform actions and save changes using supported browsers including Internet Explorer 11, Chrome v40 and above, and Firefox v30 and above.
- Easy, secure management: WDM 5.7 enables customers to manage endpoints securely using fully encrypted, HTTPS-based transmissions, and features enhanced notification of critical alerts and events for fast troubleshooting. WDM integrates the latest thin and zero client solutions, including Windows Embedded thin clients via Wyse Configuration Manager (WCM).
- WDM can be hosted on-premises and now also in public clouds including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
Steve Lalla, VP, Commercial Client Software and Solutions, Dell
“Organizations of all sizes require solutions to harness the proliferation of data that is a result of today’s mobile and collaborative workforce – and secure that data while helping employees be more productive. Dell is rising to that challenge with its broadest introduction of next generation virtual workspace solutions including advanced thin clients, highly secure, thin client-optimized operating system, modern thin client management, and industry-leading data security solutions that make it easier for our customers to make the most of their IT.”
Steve Blacklock, vice president, Global Strategic Alliance, Citrix
“The combination of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop with Dell thin clients continues to fuel innovative solutions providing secure application and data delivery to meet the needs of our joint customers. Whether it is a government agency with specific IT requirements for security and compliance, or businesses looking to deploy a VDI solution across multiple locations, we are empowering organizations to quickly deploy and manage secure desktop and application virtualization environments that make people more productive and businesses more secure.”
The Wyse 7040 thin client, Wyse 3030 LT thin client, Wyse ThinOS 8.3, Wyse ThinLinux and Wyse Device Manager 5.7 will be available in the United States and select countries around the world starting in July 2016.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell, Wyse and ThinOS are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.