NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Klick Health CEO Leerom Segal today announced the addition of Arianna Huffington, one of TIME magazine's 100 Most Influential People and Forbes Most Powerful Women, to the line-up of presenters at Klick’s inspirational, salon-styled MUSE NYC event on March 31st.
Co-founder, President and Editor-in-Chief of the Huffington Post Media Group, Ms. Huffington will share her life-altering story of how breaking her cheekbone in a fall brought on by exhaustion affected her outlook on success. Her health journey prompted her to write her New York Times Bestseller Thrive, The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder.
“We are thrilled that Arianna is coming to MUSE NYC to talk about how her own health issues caused her to reevaluate success and what it means to lead a fulfilling and meaningful life,” said Klick CEO and MUSE Curator Leerom Segal. “Like all our speakers, she embodies the true meaning of inspiration and reminds us what’s really important.”
Other MUSE NYC presenters include:
- Susan Bennett, the original voice of Apple's Siri, who has become part of a cultural phenomenon;
- John Brownstein, PhD, Harvard Medical School professor, Boston Children’s Hospital Chief Innovation Officer, and Healthcare advisor to Uber;
- Marc Edwards, the Virginia Tech environmental engineering professor who, together with his students and residents of Flint, Michigan, sounded the alarm on the city’s toxic drinking water crisis when no one else would listen;
- Ron Fournier, the nationally acclaimed senior political columnist and author of the soon-to-be published Love That Boy, who took his autistic son on a journey to meet Presidents G.W. Bush and Clinton;
- Paul Murphy (aka Skratch Bastid), the world-renowned DJ/producer, three-time winner of the coveted Scribble Jam DJ Battle and global ambassador/judge for Red Bull's Thre3style DJ competition;
- Louie Schwartzberg, the award-winning filmmaker whose three TED Talks have over 47 million combined views, and who has created films for Disneynature and National Geographic;
- Dan White, the celebrity magician who has worked with David Copperfield, David Blaine, and Kanye West, is a recurring guest on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and stars in The Magician at The NoMad Hotel; and
- Claire Wineland, the 18-year-old cystic fibrosis patient, advocate, and founder of Claire’s Place Foundation (supporting children and families affected by CF), who was named one of Seventeen Magazine’s “17 Power Teens” of 2016 and featured on Fox Teen Choice Awards 2015.
A modern-day adaptation of the salon, MUSE NYC is a multisensory, by-invitation event concept that brings together the worlds of science, art, and technology to inspire. Curated for the Who’s Who in Health, MUSE combines meaningful TED-like talks, musical performances, and cutting-edge health technology installations to spark conversations and generate new possibilities in health.
As a thought-leader constantly innovating through experimentation, Klick introduced MUSE early last year as an alternative to traditional healthcare conferences and think tanks. After a string of successful MUSE events in New York, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Toronto in 2015, Klick is bringing the concept back to Manhattan on Thursday, March 31st at 6 pm.
In June 2015, the company also produced Klick Ideas Exchange, which brought together the leading biopharma CEOs and brightest minds in the world to explore the future of health. Speakers included Drs. Eric Topol, Ezekiel Emanuel, and Daniel Kraft, and business management gurus Tom Peters and Gary Hamel.
About Klick Health
Klick Health is the world's largest independent health agency, laser-focused on creating solutions that engage and educate healthcare providers about life-saving treatments. Klick helps inform and empower patients to manage their health and play a central role in their own care. Every solution hinges on Klick's in-house expertise across the digital universe – strategy, creative, analytics, instructional design, user experience, relationship marketing, social and mobile. For more information on Klick, go to klick.com. Follow Klick on Twitter @KlickHealth.
About Klick Inc.
Klick operates with a fiercely independent spirit at the intersection of technology, creativity, and strategy. The Klick family is a diverse group of people who are driven and connected by a shared culture and commitment to the relentless pursuit of awesome at Klick Health, K2 Digital, Klick Learning Solutions (KLS), and Sensei Labs.
Established in 1997, Klick has teams in Chicago, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Toronto. Klick was recognized for having one of the top 10 intranets in the world. In 2015, Klick won over 300 awards for its client work, corporate management and culture, including being named one of country’s Top 5 Great Places to Work, Best Employers, Fastest Growing Technology Companies, and Best Managed Companies. Klick’s co-founders wrote New York Times Bestseller The Decoded Company (Portfolio/Penguin, 2014), the first book about big data in the workplace. For more information on Klick companies, go to klick-inc.com.