BARCELONA, Spain--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Building and maintaining enterprise applications can be complex, but it doesn’t have to be. At the GSM Mobile World Congress, Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) announced Adobe Experience Manager Mobile to simplify the process of building and managing visually appealing enterprise applications that are as easy to use as consumer apps. Adobe Experience Manager Mobile also enables developers to extend the functionality of these apps by connecting them to critical business data and systems like customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
“Mobile apps are integral to the enterprise, yet brands struggle with how to build, manage and deliver mobile experiences that consumers have grown accustomed to,” said Nick Bogaty, senior director, Adobe Experience Manager Mobile. “Adobe Experience Manager Mobile brings the simplicity, functionality and design that people expect to enterprise apps.”
“We believe in a human-centric approach to investing to help our advisors and investors see the big picture when it comes to life and finances,” said Mark Kitson, Director of Digital Marketing, Hartford Funds. “With Adobe Experience Manager Mobile, we’re providing both our sales organization and our advisor audience with effective, beautifully designed apps that help them stay current on market trends and insights, and interact with customers about their investments and future in a meaningful way. Adobe’s offering enables us to easily, quickly and affordably publish content that may ultimately help increase sales to our advisor customers.”
Adobe Experience Manager Mobile solves challenges for organizations in retail, manufacturing, media and entertainment, financial services, travel and hospitality, and healthcare. Brands such as Under Armour, Black Diamond, DuPont USA and Hartford Funds have been quick to adopt the tool to:
- Use existing content for mobile: Enterprises can incorporate new and existing content from any content management system or digital asset management system – including Adobe Experience Manager Sites and Assets – and create a new mobile app channel. The same content, workflows and teams can be leveraged to cross-publish to websites and apps. Creative assets can be easily accessed to produce beautiful apps by integrating with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Build and extend mobile apps: Adobe Experience Manager Mobile allows designers and marketers to rapidly create apps for iOS, Android and Windows. Once apps are built, developers can use the Cordova device APIs and custom plug-ins to connect critical business systems including CRM and ERP for personalization and data capture, and product information management (PIM) tools for scalable product catalogs.
- Centrally manage all apps: Adobe Experience Manager Mobile’s unified dashboard view makes it easy to manage and update a huge number of apps within an enterprise from a single location. The dashboard works with new apps built with Adobe Experience Manager Mobile or existing apps. It enables users to manage the content and extend functionality by integrating Adobe’s industry-leading analytics and app services. Additionally, over-the-air content updates eliminate the overhead of app store resubmission.
- Engage, measure and optimize: By integrating Adobe Experience Manager Mobile with Adobe Analytics, enterprises can analyze and optimize app performance without any additional cost. Adobe Target enables personalization to continuously improve the user experience. Push notifications, in-app messaging and deep linking help drive engagement by delivering the most pertinent and up-to-date information to users.
“Brands seeking to increase customer engagement and loyalty know just how important it is to deliver standout mobile app experiences. All too often, however, mobile app initiatives remain separate, siloed efforts with little connection to the rest of the brand's digital experiences – driving up costs and reducing business agility," said Melissa Webster, Program Vice President, Content and Digital Media Technologies for IDC. "It's time to make mobile apps an integral part of digital experience delivery. Adobe Experience Manager Mobile combines content, management and publishing functionality into one offering that empowers marketers and lets brands realize the full value of their mobile app investments.”
- Adobe Experience Manager Mobile demo video
- Blog post from Nick Bogaty about Adobe Experience Manager Mobile launch
- Blog post from Matt Asay about Mobile Core Service news
- Blog post about moving from Digital Publishing Solution to Adobe Experience Manager Mobile
- FAQ for Adobe Experience Manager Apps and Digital Publishing Solution customers
- Adobe Experience Manager Mobile sessions and events at Summit 2016
About Adobe Marketing Cloud
Adobe Marketing Cloud empowers companies to use big data to effectively reach and engage customers and prospects with highly personalized marketing content across devices and digital touch points. Eight tightly integrated Solutions offer marketers a complete set of marketing technologies that focus on analytics, web and app experience management and creation, testing and targeting, advertising, video, audience management, social engagement and campaign orchestration. The tie-in with Adobe Creative Cloud makes it easy to quickly activate creative assets across all marketing channels. Thousands of brands worldwide including two thirds of Fortune 50 companies rely on Adobe Marketing Cloud.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2016 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.