LONDON & DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
GAN to provide Simulated Gaming™ for Leading New Jersey Casino
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa to partner with GAN for launch in 2016
ISE: GAME LSE: GAME
London & Dublin | December 22, 2015: GameAccount Network plc (“GAN” or the “Company”), an award-winning developer and supplier of enterprise-level B2B internet gaming software, services and online gaming content in the United States, announces it has signed an agreement with Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (“Borgata”) in Atlantic City, New Jersey for the launch of Borgata’s Simulated Gaming™ online experience.
Borgata opened in 2003 and is a joint venture between Boyd Gaming Corporation and MGM Resorts International, two of the largest casino operating groups in the United States.
- Borgata’s Simulated Gaming™ offering will be operated from an instance of the GameSTACK™ Internet gaming system deployed on-property in Atlantic City and is expected to go live across web and mobile in the first half of 2016 integrated with the My Borgata Rewards loyalty program, pending New Jersey regulatory approval
- Borgata is the leading destination casino resort in New Jersey, generating $738m in net gaming revenues during calendar year 2014. It has also been the market leader since online gaming was introduced in New Jersey two years ago, with a 31% share of the state’s online market so far this year
- The majority of Borgata’s customers live outside of the State of New Jersey and cannot engage with Borgata’s regulated real money Internet gaming website while outside of the borders of New Jersey. Simulated Gaming will permit patrons in neighboring states to play online with Borgata for free, as an alternative to Social Casinos
- Borgata patrons will have the opportunity to instantly receive reward points in the My Borgata Rewards program by purchasing credits for extended online play. GAN’s US-patented iBridge Framework™ will link the GameSTACK™ Internet gaming system to Borgata’s land-based casino management system
- Simulated Gaming™ is the innovative Internet gaming service designed by GAN specifically for land-based US casinos, offering a gaming-as-entertainment consumer website and mobile Apps enabled with unique monetization features such as real-time Slot Tournaments and a compelling Internet gaming content portfolio of over 200 casino slot, table and skill-based games, including poker, backgammon, gin rummy, poker dice and blackjack tournaments
Dermot Smurfit, CEO of GAN commented:
“Our exclusive social casino partnership with Borgata is another step in expanding our Simulated Gaming offering in the United States. We’re privileged to bring Borgata, a leading and highly regarded US casino brand, online nationwide in the United States. We believe that our Simulated Gaming online experience will positively contribute to Borgata’s real money gaming experience both on-property and online in New Jersey and, in particular, provide an opportunity for delivering a compelling Simulated Gaming experience to the majority of their patrons who live outside of New Jersey.”
Tom Ballance, President and COO of Borgata Casino Hotel & Spa commented:
“GAN’s experience and capability will enable the integration of our My Borgata Rewards with GAN’s product enabling Borgata to offer a much more compelling and attractive social gaming product than the competition. The power of the Borgata brand has allowed us to establish ourselves as the leading online gaming operator in New Jersey, and we are equally optimistic that Borgata will enjoy similar success with our social gaming product.”
FAQ’s about GAN’s Simulated Gaming™
- Launched in the US by GAN in January 2014, Simulated Gaming™ has been proven to monetize Internet traffic to existing websites operated by land-based US casinos with average revenue per daily active user (ARPDAU) of $2.75 in 2014 and $2.82 in H1 2015, as against an original estimate of $0.60, greatly exceeding equivalent numbers reported by Social Casino operators on Facebook
- Supported by 54 months’ operating data across six (6) major US casino’s deployments, Simulated Gaming™ is now proven to drive increased visitation on-property and in 2014 delivered on average a 28% uplift in on-property theoretical win from increased visitation by existing patrons who also engage with Simulated Gaming™ online
- US casino operators report up to 50% of their surveyed casino patrons are already engaged in playing Social Casinos on Facebook. Simulated Gaming™ enables land-based US casinos access to the Social Casino market worth an estimated $3.3bn per annum worldwide in 2015 (source: Eilers Research) and is proven to increase property visitation among existing patrons, reactivate lapsed patrons bringing them back on-property and drive acquisition of new patrons from outside the typical drive distance to the property
For further information please contact:
|Dermot Smurfit||Mark Kenny/Jonathan Neilan|
|Chief Executive Officer|
|+44 (0) 20 7292 6262||+353 1 6633686|
|John Frain / Roland French|
|+353 1 679 6363|
GAN | Overview
GAN is a leading developer and supplier of enterprise-level Business to Business gaming software systems and online gaming content. GAN is listed on the ESM Market of the Irish Stock Exchange and the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange under the ticker: GAME
The Company has developed an Internet gaming enterprise software system, GameSTACK™, which it licences to online and land-based gaming operators as a turn-key technology solution for both regulated real-money and simulated online gaming. The Internet Gaming System, developed in London under a UK Gaming Commission licence, is certified to the highest technical standards currently required by gaming regulators.
GAN is also a leading developer of proprietary online games with a complementary business converting offline casino slot machines and table games into online equivalents on behalf of major land-based slot machine manufacturers including Aristocrat, Konami, Multimedia Games, Incredible Technologies, GamoMat, Reel Time Gaming, High Flyer Games, DEQ Systems Corp (EZ BACCARAT®) and Ainsworth.
GAN has an established business in Europe, licensing gaming content to UK, Spanish and Italian gaming operators including Bet365, William Hill, Rank, Lottomatica, Sisal MatchPoint and SNAI.
In the United States, GAN has partnered with Betfair Plc to provide its Internet Gaming System following the introduction of regulated real-money online gaming in New Jersey in November 2013. In New York, GAN has launched a Simulated Gaming™ website via www.EmpireCityCasino.com in September 2014. In Pennsylvania, GAN launched a Simulated Gaming™ website www.ParxOnline.com in March 2015 with on-property real money mobile gaming anticipated in 2015. In March 2015 Maryland Live! Casino in Maryland chose GAN to upgrade their existing free-to-play website to a monetized Simulated Gaming™ website, soft-launched in July 2015 and launched integrated with their casino management system in November 2015. In September 2015 major Californian Tribal casino operator San Manuel chose GAN’s Simulated Gaming™ launched in November 2015. In October 2015 American Casino & Entertainment Properties (ACEP) chose GAN’s Simulated Gaming™ launched in December 2015. In December 2015 Borgata Casino Hotel & Spa chose GAN’s Simulated Gaming™ launching in H1 2016.
In Australia, GAN has partnered with and launched for a consortium of land-based gaming venue operators the www.Club8Casino.com.au Simulated Gaming™ website.
About Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Located in Atlantic City's Marina District, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa features 2,000 guest rooms and suites; 161,000 square feet of gaming; 184 table games; 3,038 slot machines; a 75+ table poker room; 10 retail boutiques; 5 acclaimed fine dining restaurants by renowned chefs; 9 casual dining options; a 54,000 square foot spa; 70,000 square feet of event space; 3 signature nightlife experiences; and parking for 7,100 cars. The market-leading resort also features Atlantic City's first cosmopolitan hotel experience, The Water Club at Borgata, with 800 guest rooms and suites; a 36,000 square foot spa; 18,000 square feet of meeting space; 6 designer retail boutiques; and 5 heated indoor and outdoor pools. Borgata also offers online gaming within the state of New Jersey through its real-money gaming sites, BorgataCasino.com and BorgataPoker.com. For more information about Borgata, please visit theborgata.com or follow @BorgataAC.