SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Consumer Acquisition, a full-service provider of advertising and technology for mobile apps on Facebook and Instagram, today announced the findings of a 100,000 Facebook ad evaluation. With the goal of understanding what works best for advertisers to maximize their performance using Facebook ads, Consumer Acquisition has released its findings in its whitepaper 100K Facebook Ads Tested: Here’s What Works!, available for download here.
Consumer Acquisition breaks down the best practices advertisers should utilize when developing mobile app adverts across top categories:
- Image Testing. Images are responsible for 75-90% of ad performance, and Consumer Acquisition finds that testing 10-15 images against one audience using the same copy for each is an effective way to discover what ads will work.
- Great Creative. Because Facebook requires that all text including logos must take up no more than 20% of the total ad real estate, Consumer Acquisition recommends positioning text horizontally or vertically with a contrasting background color to make the biggest impact.
- Female Leads in Social Apps. Advertisements for social apps should feature everyday women participating in activities that might otherwise appear on the user’s newsfeed. Consumer Acquisition’s research shows that men and women alike prefer advertisements featuring women.
- In-app Gaming Creative. Strong creative and strong calls-to-action are necessities to an impactful gaming app advertisement. Creative components that show the in-app action of the game helps to demonstrate the in-app gaming experience, an appealing interaction to potential users.
- Familiar Images for eCommerce Apps. Similar to gaming apps, eCommerce apps should focus on strong calls-to-action with recognizable product images, and feature terms like “discount,” “free” and “limited.”
“Facebook ads deliver the highest return on investment to advertisers, and we wanted to share detailed examples on how to generate the best results to help advertisers reach their financial goals,” said Brian Bowman, Consumer Acquisition CEO and Founder. “This study shares many best practices on how to generate the most compelling Facebook advertising to help companies better prepare for the holiday advertising season.”
About Consumer Acquisition
Consumer Acquisition has acquired more than 40 million mobile app users on Facebook and Instagram. With a focus on gaming, ecommerce, automotive, financial services and entertainment verticals, we have developed a unique process to reduce costs at high scale. Our AdRules™ ad management software utilizes custom algorithms for each mobile app. AdRules™ was launched for internal use in January 2015 and is now available to advertisers in private beta.