JACKSON, Miss.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bomgar, a leader in secure remote support and access management solutions, today released Bomgar Remote Support 15.2, the latest version of its enterprise-leading remote support software. Bomgar Remote Support enables IT service desks and customer support centers to access and fix nearly any remote device, running any platform, located anywhere in the world. Using Bomgar, technicians can easily chat with an end-user, view and control remote systems and devices, and collaborate with other technicians or third parties to resolve issues, all with the highest levels of security.
Bomgar Remote Support 15.2 offers new capabilities for supporting Linux endpoints, capturing data from remote support sessions, and improving the end-user experience, including:
- Linux Service Mode Jump Client: Bomgar enables access to Linux machines without requiring a logged on user, so technicians can support unattended Linux systems without having to share credentials or leave a user account logged in on the endpoint, making Linux support easier and more secure.
- Headless Linux Jump Client: Bomgar is giving organizations even more options for supporting Linux endpoints by allowing them to access command-line interface only Linux endpoints without requiring a Jumpoint or enabling SSH access.
- Combined API: Bomgar captures a secure audit trail of every support session, which organizations can then archive. Archives now include more comprehensive session data and are organized chronologically, rather than grouped by session, allowing users to create a snapshot in time of all remote support activity for improved compliance.
- Optional LDAP Sync: Bomgar integrates easily with directory services, including LDAP, making user account management much easier and scalable. Organizations now have the option to disable LDAP syncing and not cache sensitive information on the Bomgar appliance to comply with their security policies.
- Outbound Event Updates: Bomgar Remote Support 15.2 offers more flexible and inclusive data for outbound events at the end of a remote support session, enhancing end of session messages, outbound emails, and integrations with other systems.
- Public Portal Enhancements: Bomgar makes it simple to create custom portals for each customer, group or product an organization supports. Bomgar customers will now have a more flexible default support interface, which they can easily customize to fit their brand and services.
“Today’s service desks are required to support an ever-expanding range of platforms and devices, while facing extremely high end-user expectations and limited budgets,” said Dan DeRosa, SVP of product management, Bomgar. “By allowing them to quickly access any type of system through a single, centralized interface, Bomgar enables support centers to maximize agent productivity and improve time to resolution. Our expanded features for supporting Linux endpoints and capturing remote support data will enhance Bomgar users’ ability to provide a consistently superior support experience.”
This week, Bomgar is exhibiting at FUSION 15 Conference and Expo in New Orleans, Louisiana. Come by the booth (#605) to learn more about how Bomgar streamlines and improves the help desk’s remote support efforts.
Bomgar connects people and technology securely, providing leading remote support and privileged access management solutions that strengthen security while increasing productivity. Bomgar solutions help support and security professionals improve business performance by enabling secure, controlled access to nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world. More than 10,000 organizations across 65 countries use Bomgar to deliver superior support services and manage access to valuable data and systems. Bomgar is privately held with offices in Atlanta, Jackson, Washington D.C., Frankfurt, London, Paris, and Singapore. Visit Bomgar at www.bomgar.com, or on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.