DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f43fr2/prospects_for_the) has announced the addition of Textiles Intelligence's new report "Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Sri Lanka, 2015" to their offering.
Sri Lanka's textile and clothing industry plays a vital role in the country's economy. The industry is a major source of employment and a major contributor to Sri Lanka's gross domestic product (GDP), exports and foreign exchange earnings. The clothing industry in Sri Lanka has seen rapid expansion, and investments have been made in sustainability, innovation and creativity in design. The industry is committed to environmentally friendly manufacturing and waste management methods and this commitment has provided it with a significant competitive advantage.
Also, the industry comprises integrated large-scale operations which manufacture a wide range of products. As a result, Sri Lanka has gained an international reputation for being a reliable supplier of competitively priced high quality products, and strong and enduring links have been established with Western brands and retailers. However, the textile industry in Sri Lanka does not have the capacity to meet the domestic clothing industry's demand for yarns and fabrics. Sri Lanka's spinning and weaving sectors are particularly weak and, as a result, the clothing industry is dependent on imports for its inputs of yarns and woven fabrics.
This report looks at the development of the textile and clothing industry in Sri Lanka, its size and structure, and fibre, textile and clothing production and consumption. The report also features: a geographical, political and economic profile; a detailed look at the country's imports and exports of textiles and clothing; the domestic market; a review of government policies and investment incentives; foreign direct investment (FDI) in the textile and clothing industry; an examination of the industry's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT); and an analysis of Sri Lanka's infrastructure and human resources and how these affect the textile and clothing industry.
Key Topics Covered:
- Importance Of The Textile And Clothing Industry To The Economy Of Sri Lanka
- Development Of The Textile And Clothing Industry In Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka: Geographical, Political And Economic Profile
- Sri Lanka: Infrastructure
- Sri Lanka: Human Resources
- Size And Structure Of The Textile And Clothing Industry In Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka: Textile And Clothing Production And Consumption
- Sri Lanka: Textile And Clothing Exports
- Sri Lanka: Textile And Clothing Imports
- Sri Lanka: Foreign Direct Investment In The Textile And Clothing Industry
- Textiles And Clothing In Sri Lanka: Government
- Policies And Investment Incentives
- Textiles And Clothing In Sri Lanka: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities And Threats
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f43fr2/prospects_for_the
Source: Textiles Intelligence