CYPRESS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. Elevator and Escalator Division celebrates 30 years as a quality leader in elevator and escalator installation, modernization and service.
“Over the years, Mitsubishi Electric has maintained an innovative spirit that has made us a trailblazer in elevator and escalator technology,” said Mike Corbo, general manager and executive vice president, Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. Elevator and Escalator Division. “Our commitment to elevator and escalator safety, comfort and reliability drives our technological development. And our commitment to our customers drives everything else.”
Among its many innovations, Mitsubishi Electric installed the industry’s first spiral escalators and continues to be the only company in the world to manufacture and install spiral escalators. The company also introduced helical-geared elevators, and advanced variable voltage variable frequency (VVVF) technology across all elevator duty ranges.
Key milestones include:
- 1988 – Manufactured and installed the industry’s first stacked spiral escalators at Westfield San Francisco Centre
- 1990 – Received Hyatt’s national Elevator Machine Room of the Year Award for Hyatt Regency La Jolla
- 2000 – Acquired elevator Internacional de Elevadores S.A. de C.V. factory in Rosarito Beach, Mexico
- 2003 – Secured major group maintenance contract for Target Stores
- 2010 – Secured an exclusive national agreement to furnish all vertical transportation equipment for Safeway and its family of branded stores
- 2011 – Secured UW Husky Stadium renovation contract
- 2012 – Received Elevator World’s Project of the Year Award for vertical expansion of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Building
- 2013 – Received Hyatt’s national Elevator Machine Room of the Year Award for the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, California
- 2014 – Earned Target Corporation’s Partner Award of Excellence
“We could not have reached this 30-year anniversary without the continued support and trust of our customers, and the passion for excellence exhibited by each member of our staff,” said Erik Zommers, senior vice president and deputy general manager, Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. Elevator and Escalator Division
About Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. Elevator and Escalator Division
Headquartered in Cypress, California, Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. Elevator and Escalator Division sells, installs, modernizes and services elevators and escalators. The division is recognized as an industry leader in product quality, reliability, and preventative maintenance programs. Additional information is available at www.MitsubishiElevator.com or (714) 220-4700.