REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- 3D Streets of Rage 2 – The sequel to the original rumbler is back and re-mastered in 3D. Slam the asphalt with bigger, better and totally devastating attacks. Use secret weapons to bash your way through gangs of bikers to rescue your friend and defeat Mr. X. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS XL
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth – Rebirth is a remake and expansion of The Binding of Isaac – now with new playable characters, enemies and bosses, and more than 110 new items. Available on both Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS XL, this totally retooled and greatly expanded version of the game also features new graphics rendered in a semi-16-bit style.
Virtual Console on Wii U
- DK Jungle Climber – King K. Rool is up to no good again, and it’s up to Donkey Kong to swing into action. This Nintendo DS platformer uses a simple control scheme that makes the game fun and easy to play – players of all skill levels can swing and climb to new heights.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Midnight is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 6.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is 20 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $39.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 27.
- Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 6.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
New themes this week include:
- Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Café Theme
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
- BOXBOY!: Qbby & Friends by Starlight
Also new this week:
- Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U)
- Canvaleon (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Legend of Kay Anniversary (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available July 28
- The Quiet Collection (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Epic Word Search Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Fantasy Pirates (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- I Love My Cats (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.