LAUREL, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aquilent, a recognized leading provider of Mobile, Web, Cloud and Portal solutions shaping the next generation of technology for the federal government, has introduced a more efficient way for customers to buy cloud managed services. The company has taken its popular Cloud Managed Services offerings and has packaged them in a pay-as-you-go model for a fixed price per unit. Additionally, the company has now made these new packaged services available through GSA Schedule 70.
The new, innovative purchasing model allows customers to more easily and affordably purchase cloud managed services. This will let customers shift the day-to-day management of their cloud infrastructure to Aquilent, letting them:
- Focus on managing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) vs. routine system administration tasks
- Craft a Cloud Managed Services package that fits their unique mission requirements
- Pay a predictable, fixed price per managed cloud server so costs are pre-determined and can scale with the cloud environment
Aquilent’s Cloud Managed Services can be easily purchased through its many procurement vehicles including the newly added GSA Schedule 70 as well as DOI Foundation Cloud, CIO-SP3, its GSA BPA, and more. The services will come in three packages—the first, with basic managed services, starting under $100 per virtual machine.
“As cloud adoption increases, Aquilent’s managed services model—particularly with our new flexible procurement option—lets customers save money, be more agile, and scale their services as their business needs change, just as they scale their cloud environment,” said Mike O’Brien, Director of Aquilent’s Cloud Solutions Group. “We understand that customers require flexibility; by adding this model to our cloud portfolio, we’re moving to a future state of managed cloud services.”
“We saw a trend emerging with our customers—a need for scalable, reliable, less expensive cloud managed services support that the more traditional professional services model couldn’t address,” said David Fout, Aquilent’s Chief Executive Officer. “In response to our customers’ needs, Aquilent is now one of the first solution providers to offer cloud managed services in a service level based, pay-as-you-go model, at significantly lower cost, which customers can even purchase through our GSA Schedule”.
Learn more about Aquilent’s new pay-as-you-go model for cloud managed services.
Aquilent’s Cloud Managed Services Offerings
Aquilent currently offers the following services for its Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers, and also works with Microsoft and Verizon environments.
Cloud Support & Monitoring:
- 24x7 SLA-Driven Support and Incident Management–Proactive, ITIL-based incident management services that ensure business continuity and maximum uptime. Aquilent provides a variety of SLA options and contract methods to best suit customers’ needs.
- Comprehensive Systems Monitoring—Around the clock monitoring, providing an in-depth analysis into the health and performance of customers’ cloud computing resources and allowing Aquilent cloud engineers to proactively address issues before they impact an application.
- Patch and Vulnerability Management—Constant monitoring for vulnerabilities and applying the required patches and updates. All updates and patches follow a rigorous change and release management process, ensuring that patches are applied with no adverse effects on the system.
- Backup Management—Highly secure, automated backup and recovery operations, ensuring that customers’ critical data is always available. Aquilent backup services’ SLAs can be matched to customer requirements for Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives.
Cloud Security Services:
- Security Event and Log Management—Event log data management, to ensure system reliability, security, availability and compliance. Aquilent performs real-time event log monitoring for critical security incidents and periodic analysis of security-relevant logs allowing the detection of suspicious activity and quick response.
- Support for Continuous Monitoring—Security, audit and visibility tools and reporting to help customers fulfill requirements for FISMA, HIPAA and other compliance frameworks. Aquilent can design services that work within the structure of customers’ existing Continuous Monitoring program.
- Additional Cloud Security Services—Custom security packages to address customers’ unique requirements, including anti-malware with web reputation, firewall and boundary protection services, host firewall, intrusion detection/prevention, integrity monitoring, log inspection and encryption services.
Aquilent is the recognized leader in Mobile and Digital Strategy, Web Content Management, Cloud Services and Portals, shaping the next generation of technology for the federal government. We help our customers exceed the expectations of the new Digital Government initiative by delivering transformative solutions that emphasize efficiency and mobility, and significantly enhance citizen engagement. In addition, our proven approach to helping customers achieve the federal government’s Cloud First policy combines technology strategy and managed services to create a roadmap for long term success.
Aquilent, a 2014 Inc. 500/5000 company, has been recognized as a Washington Post “Top Workplaces”, five times named one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Washington Business Journal, three times named an Amazon AWS Advanced Premier Consulting Partner, twice honored as a Government Contracting Firm of the Year by the Tech Council of MD, selected as a Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards “Contractor of the Year“ honoree and twice chosen as a “Top Workplace” by The Baltimore Sun. Our commitment to deliver tangible results that meet our customers’ mission objectives is underscored by our 4-Point Aquilent Advantage™, combining strategic vision and reliable execution. To learn more about Aquilent, visit www.aquilent.com, and follow us @Aquilent.