DUBLIN, Calif. & CORONADO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For more than 30 years, the Humphrey® Field Analyzer (HFA™) has been the accepted standard of care in glaucoma diagnostics and management. At the American Glaucoma Society 2015 Annual Meeting in Coronado, California, ZEISS is announcing the worldwide launch of the HFA3, the next generation in visual field testing and analysis. The HFA3 (www.zeiss.com/hfa3) is designed to accelerate clinic flow while delivering the same gold-standard testing strategies and test patterns.
The HFA3 upholds the Humphrey tradition of accuracy: test results on the new platform are equal to and interchangeable with results from prior generations of the HFA, providing continuity and certainty in the ongoing care of patients.
The HFA3 is the first perimeter to introduce patented Liquid Lens technology, which saves time, simplifies set-up and reduces the possibility of human error in trial lens correction. In perimetry, a trial lens provides the refractive correction needed so each patient can see clearly during the test. The HFA3 replaces the old manual process with a patented Liquid Trial Lens™, which automatically delivers the appropriate refractive correction using measurement information entered into the instrument.1
The HFA3 provides a streamlined and faster workflow with an array of new features designed to:
- Improve confidence in test results with RelEYE™, which allows doctors to instantly review the patient’s eye position, at any stimulus point. RelEYE data is available on the instrument and when reviewing test results with FORUM® Glaucoma Workplace. It may reveal common testing problems, such as droopy lids (ptosis) or misalignment of the eye relative to the trial lens holder.
- Save time with an intuitive new SmartTouch™ interface, which reduces the number of steps required for the technician to start a perimetry exam. Faster gaze tracking provides information that helps doctors assess the reliability of test results. The gaze tracker on the HFA3 provides faster initialization and works on a wider spectrum of patients, compared to earlier models of HFA.
- Make test administration simpler, with an easy-to-use kinetic graphical user interface with a full 180-degree field of view.
“The HFA3, together with the other components of the ZEISS glaucoma management offerings, delivers an unrivaled combination of seamless integration and diagnostic performance to eye professionals who diagnose and manage glaucoma,” said Dr. Ludwin Monz, President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG.
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (ISIN: DE0005313704) is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies. The company supplies innovative technologies and application-oriented solutions designed to help doctors improve the quality of life of their patients. The company offers complete solutions, including implants and consumables, to diagnose and treat eye diseases. The company creates innovative visualization solutions in the field of microsurgery. Carl Zeiss Meditec's medical technology portfolio is rounded off by promising, future-oriented technologies such as intraoperative radiotherapy. In fiscal year 2012/2013 (ended 30 September) the company's around 2,500 employees generated revenue of EUR 906 million. Carl Zeiss Meditec headquarters are located in Jena, Germany.
The company has subsidiaries in Germany and abroad; more than 50 percent of its employees are based in the USA, Japan, Spain and France. The Center for Application and Research in India (CARIn) in Bangalore, India, and the Carl Zeiss Innovation Center for Research and Development in Shanghai, China, strengthen the company's presence in these rapidly developing economies. Around 35 percent of Carl Zeiss Meditec shares are in free float. The remaining 65% are held by Carl Zeiss AG, one of the world’s leading groups in the optical and optoelectronic industries.
In the markets for Industrial Solutions, Research Solutions, Medical Technology and Consumer Optics, Carl Zeiss has contributed to technological progress for more than 160 years and enhances the quality of life of many people around the globe. Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, is fully owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation.
For more information, please go to www.meditec.zeiss.com.
1 Available correction range is -8 to +8 diopters sphere. Spherical correction only. Liquid Trial Lens available on the HFA3 model 860.