RENTON, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Parallels®, a global leader in cross-platform solutions, today introduced Parallels Access 2.5 (www.parallels.com/access), available immediately on Google Play and the App Store worldwide. New, innovative features of the award-winning app include a universal file manager, computer-to-computer remote access and Samsung S Pen integration to give customers the most useful and productive remote access experience. Now all Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 and Galaxy Note Edge customers get a free six-month subscription to Parallels Access in their Galaxy Gifts. The new release also supports the recently released OS X Yosemite and Windows 10 Technical Preview.
“In our new era of even more devices, interfaces and form factors, it is extremely important for people to have a consistent application experience from any device, anywhere. Today’s workers need tools that connect the applications they depend on with devices and services from multiple platforms for a seamless user experience,” said Parallels president Jack Zubarev. “Parallels Access is proud to give businesses and consumers tools that enable people to access the applications, files and services they need more easily, regardless of their location or platform.”
Features and Benefits
Parallels Access gives users peace of mind knowing they can be effective anytime and anywhere, even with a mobile device or a borrowed computer. New and innovative features include:
Universal File Manager: The best cross-platform mobile
experience for accessing all your files across remote locations,
including computers and the cloud (iOS today, Android soon):
- A single place to access and browse your scattered files quickly on your remote computer, Dropbox or Google Drive without additional special apps.
- Move documents between your remote computer and cloud storage, without having to open applications on your computer or use multiple apps for each cloud account.
- Copy files from your remote computer to your mobile device.
- Preview most formats of local and remote files before opening them.
- Computer-to-Computer Access: Access your remote computers from any computer with a modern web browser – no software installation required.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S and Galaxy Note 4: Access your computer and files from Samsung’s latest phones and tablets.
- Samsung S Pen Support: Full support for S Pen input on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge.
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus: Optimized for new iPhone screen sizes and resolutions.
- Kindle Fire: Optimized for Kindle Fire.
- Sound Where You Want It: You decide where you want to hear audio – on your mobile device or your computer.
What Customers Are Saying
“Parallels Access has saved my bacon several times when other remote access apps totally fail. I can read and edit all the documents on my Windows PC work computer when I'm at home, and on my iMac at home when I'm at work. It’s brilliant,” said Steiner K.
“We travel a lot, and Parallels Access has enabled me to work in my QuickBooks program from anywhere that I have Internet access. I can invoice my customers and even run credit cards from hundreds of miles from my office. By accessing my desktop, I can even read reports that would be inaccessible on my iPad,” said Dave W.
“It doesn't matter if I am in the middle of an intersection, an engineer’s trailer or in a tunnel – I can command my laptop with Parallels Access just as if I were sitting in front of it. It has been a real time saver, especially when dealing with unexpected surprises that need to be responded to immediately with software that is only available on a desktop OS,” said Rick R.
Parallels Access Key Features Videos:
Introducing Parallels Access for iPhone and iPad - http://bit.ly/1zfyC4T
Embed Code: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DD13WyuoTZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Parallels Access for Samsung Galaxy and Android Devices - http://bit.ly/1KM3qxz
Embed Code: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rjGQ41FeTao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Computer-to-Computer with Parallels Access - http://bit.ly/1C2S0BG
Embed Code: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JVpSt5A1bh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Availability and Pricing
Parallels Access 2.5 is available now on the App Store, Google Play, Samsung Galaxy Apps and the Amazon Appstore for Android with a two-week free trial. Individual subscriptions are available for $19.99 for one year or $34.99 for two years, and they include the ability to access up to five remote computers from an unlimited number of iOS and Android tablets and phones, and an unlimited number of computer-to-computer connections. Current customers will get Parallels Access 2.5 for free. Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge users get a free six-month subscription to Parallels Access as part of their Samsung Galaxy Gifts Package.
Parallels Access for Business (www.parallels.com/access-business) is the fastest, simplest and most reliable remote access for on-the-move employees. Business subscriptions are available for a 30-day free trial, then for $49.99 for five computers and unlimited devices, and they can be expanded to support an unlimited number of users.
- iPad: iPad mini and iPad 2 or later running iOS 7 or iOS 8.
- iPhone: iPhone 4s and later running iOS 7 or iOS 8.
- Android: Most tablets and phones running Android 4.0 or later.
- Kindle Fire: Running Android 4 or later or Fire OS 3.0 or later.
- Computer-to-Computer: A connection requires a recent version of popular web-browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox that support HTML5.
Remote computer can be a PC running Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 or a Mac running OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.7 Lion.
Parallels is a global leader in hosting and cloud-services enablement and cross-platform solutions. Parallels began operations in 2000 and is a fast-growing company with more than 900 employees in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Visit www.parallels.com for more information.
Stay connected with Parallels and our online communities: Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/parallelsaccess, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/parallelsaccess and visit our blog at http://blogs.parallels.com/consumertech.
Parallels and the Parallels logo are registered trademarks of Parallels IP Holdings GmbH in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.