BRIDGEWATER, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Brother International Corporation, a multi-billion dollar leader in technology for offices of all sizes, today introduced the PT-D600, the newest PC-connectable desktop model in its popular P-touch label maker line, and the first with a full-color LCD display.
The versatile PT-D600 is designed squarely for the higher-volume business user in mind. Its full-color LCD display provides a true WYSIWYG image of the label being created, shows edits in real time and even automatically detects and displays the color of the labeling tape installed in the machine.
The large QWERTY keyboard rests at an angle for comfortable, accurate typing. Convenient formatting keys and the LCD display work in conjunction to help make creating professional labels easy and intuitive.
The PT-D600 connects to Windows® and Mac® computers with the included USB cable to be used with the free P-touch Editor Label Design software1. With this software, users can create high-resolution labels, choose from an expansive library of label templates and create custom labels using the fonts, symbols and graphics already stored on their computers.
“With the introduction of the new PT-D600, Brother has made label creation a more intuitive process than ever before,” said Linda Sanford, Director of P-touch Product Marketing. “By combining the standalone features of the full-color display and easy-type keyboard with the ability to connect to virtually any computer, we’re giving businesses the flexibility they need to quickly create the long-lasting, easy-to-read labels they need to help keep their workspaces organized and efficient.”
P-touch PT-D600 additional key features:
- Works with over 60 TZe tape cartridges in a variety of colors and sizes as well as specialty tapes, to address virtually any labeling requirement
- Print customized labels up to 24mm (approximately 1”) wide with up to 7 lines of text
- Includes a library of ready-to-print business labels, as well as customizable pre-formatted templates
- Pre-programmed with 14 fonts, 11 styles, 99 frames and over 600 symbols
- Stores up to 99 labels in internal memory for easy reprinting of most commonly-used labels
- Create high-resolution barcodes2 and labels with information stored in an Excel® or Access® database3 on your computer
- Super-fast print speeds up to 30mm per second4 and an automatic tape cutter help save time
- Powered by included AC power adapter, or 6 AA batteries (not included)
- Convenient, top-loading tape design for simple tape changes
- Prints on durable, TZe laminated tapes to create long-lasting indoor/outdoor labels
- 2-year limited warranty and free phone support for the life of the product
- Estimated street price $99.995
The PT-D600 is being introduced with the PT-D450, which offers the same connectivity and label creation functionality, with a monochrome backlit display, and maximum tape width of 18mm, at an estimated street price of $79.995. These machines join the PT-D400, which was introduced in retail locations in October, at an estimated street price of $49.995. For more information on any of these models, visit www.brother.com.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Photography available upon request.
Brother International Corporation is a premier provider of products and solutions for businesses of all sizes, including an award-winning line of printers and all-in-ones, as well as video conferencing and document management solutions. Brother is also a leader in electronic labeling and provides the number one line of facsimile machines in the U.S. The U.S. corporate office in Bridgewater, N. J. was established on April 21, 1954 and currently markets many industrial products, home appliances and business products manufactured by its parent company, Brother Industries, Ltd. of Nagoya, Japan. For more information, visit www.brother.com.
All trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective companies. Windows, Windows Vista, Excel and Access are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Apple, Mac, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Use of this trademark is subject to Apple permissions.
Compatible with Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, and Mac OSX v10.7.5, 10.8x, 10.9x. All design software and drivers available for free download at support.brother.com.
|2.||Requires installation of full version of P-touch Editor software and connection to a computer. Windows/Mac software and drivers available as a free download.|
Using AC power adapter.
|5.||Actual price may vary.|