LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SERVIZ, an on-demand home services company aiming to disrupt the $400 billion home services industry, today announced general availability of the Serviz.com website and the SERVIZ iPhone app in the greater Los Angeles area. SERVIZ lowers the price of home services for consumers by utilizing its on-demand technology platform and proprietary network of service professionals to eliminate the excessive mark-up that existing home services companies charge.
SERVIZ offers more than 300 different services in categories ranging from handyman work to plumbing, carpet cleaning and appliance repair with additional categories such as electrical work, painting, pest control and more coming soon. Through the Serviz.com website and iPhone app, consumers can see the prices they will pay for home services in advance and also book an appointment anytime and anywhere in just seconds.
“The way consumers purchase home services today is fundamentally broken,” said Zorik Gordon, co-founder and CEO of SERVIZ. “Spending hours searching reviews, having no access to transparent pricing, booking over the phone and waiting all day for a technician to arrive creates a horrible customer experience. You need to be able to buy a plumber’s services just like you would buy a book online.”
Through SERVIZ, customers get:
- Pre-screened SERVIZ pros – SERVIZ Pros must pass a rigorous criminal background check and maintain positive ratings from customers to stay active. Pros are required to carry insurance and, for those trades that require a license, must maintain a valid license to operate that trade.
- Transparent pricing – SERVIZ offers upfront, all-inclusive, unbeatable prices, all pre-negotiated in advance. Users pay $45-$60 for an hour of labor depending on the service, and the company only marks up parts and materials 20 percent. Customers can expect to save up to 50% over existing homes service companies.
- On-demand, same day booking – Users can book same day appointments in seconds via the mobile app, on the computer or over the phone.
- Real-time tracking – No more waiting around. SERVIZ Pros send a notification when they are on their way, and users can track their arrival in real-time.
- 100% paperless – All SERVIZ Pros carry iPads, and all estimates and payments are done securely through the SERVIZ iPad app
- 100% satisfaction guarantee – If a customer is unhappy with a job, SERVIZ will either redo the work for free or will provide a full refund.
“With the recent wave of on-demand offerings from taxi cabs to mobile dry cleaning, consumers have started to rethink the way they book and buy products and services. We believe it is inevitable that all local services will be transacted this way, and we are excited to bring this change to the home services industry,” added Gordon.
SERVIZ was founded by ReachLocal veterans Zorik Gordon and Michael Kline, whose decades of experience in local services led them to develop a better way to book and buy home services. The company completed a $10.7 million round of funding in February led by Groupon, Inc. with participation from a group of angel investors as well as the two founders. SERVIZ is a private company headquartered in Sherman Oaks, California.
SERVIZ is an on-demand home services company that aims to disrupt the $400 billion home services industry by offering a faster and less expensive way to book and buy home services online. From handyman work to plumbing, carpet cleaning and appliance repair, SERVIZ provides background checked and licensed professionals at unbeatable, upfront prices, all at the click of a button. The company has completed a $10.7M round of funding led by Groupon, Inc. with participation from additional investors. SERVIZ is headquartered in Sherman Oaks, CA. For more information about SERVIZ, please visit www.serviz.com or download the SERVIZ app in the iTunes store.