BOISE, Idaho--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Inofile announced here today the availability of its cloud-based Kno2™ clinical document exchange (CDE) platform, available immediately at http://www.kno2.com. This is the first application of its kind available to U.S. healthcare providers with the ability to register, proof user identities, configure and create unlimited Direct addresses owned and uniquely customized to a care organization in less than two hours. This groundbreaking functionality simplifies accessibility, reduces setup time and extends the platform’s capabilities across all care environments. With expanded multi-function device connectivity, personalized Direct address creation and rich security functionality, healthcare organizations of all sizes can use Kno2 to transform the exchange of patient information – making the process faster and more secure by removing outdated fax technology from every workflow.
“Fax doesn’t meet healthcare industry standards or demands, yet care settings still rely on this 1950s technology to exchange critical patient information every day,” said Jon Elwell, CEO, Inofile. “Kno2 signals healthcare’s transition beyond fax by removing common budget and technology barriers and providing several access points that every care setting can connect to, whether you use the cloud, common office devices or health information networks, including the nation’s largest, Surescripts. Our customers have the ability to utilize send and receive capabilities immediately upon implementation. A major focus of our efforts is to move beyond just providing for attestation and truly solving the inefficiencies of fax transmissions. Our customers will own their address, an important differentiator in the market.”
Designed to meet health information exchange needs for acute and non-acute care settings alike, the latest Kno2 release secures its position as the most comprehensive clinical document exchange platform available. Whether a healthcare organization is paper-based or paperless, large or small, rural or metropolitan, Kno2 enables every provider to start securely exchanging patient information using Direct Messaging with minimal setup, training or investment.
“Whether you’re an acute care provider seeking attestation or a long-term care partner looking to improve transitions of care and stay connected to referral partners, Kno2 is the only information exchange application available with the functionality to remove fax entirely from care settings,” said Theresa Bell, CTO, Inofile. “We’re not just helping organizations achieve attestation, we’re solving some of the most difficult business efficiency challenges facing the entire healthcare community by enabling every care organization to send and receive patient information specific to their needs.”
Specifically, this fully cloud-enabled release of Kno2 provides the following enhancements:
- Smart Device Integration and Management: Kno2 now offers direct integration with smart document devices, including multi-function printers (MFPs) and network scanners, through publicly available and secure APIs that will create a new class of device that is “Direct Enabled by Kno2TM”
- Device-Specific Integration: One-touch Direct Message creation is now available for twain-based scanners via direct integration with Kno2.
- Automated ID Proofing: Dramatically reducing the burdensome, multi-week user registration process common with standard Direct messaging portals, Kno2’s automated ID validation process leverages a global leader in identity verification to streamline online authentication into two hours or less, an industry first.
- Simple, Organization-Specific Registration: Full online registration is now available for Kno2, enabling organizations of any size to establish CDE and begin replacing fax within hours.
- Entity-Owned Direct Address Creation: Each organization can create its own unique address or addresses, enabling immediate send and receive capabilities with the ability to customize addresses to workflows versus individuals for true business efficiency.
- Embedded Care Partner Invitation Capabilities: Kno2 enables care organizations to easily connect with the entire community of care partners via its built-in messaging tools, whether or not the provider currently uses Kno2 or is Direct-capable.
Additional functionality is planned for Kno2 in the coming months, including the ability to scan and import patient files from integrated document devices, directories and media such as CDs, DVDs and USB drives. This will enable organizations to centralize the intake and processing of disparate medical documents in one interface, whether its laboratory results received via fax, records received via mail or a copy of an X-ray on a DVD.
To learn more about the Kno2 clinical document exchange platform, visit https://inofile.com/products/kno2/. To register and immediately leverage the benefits of clinical document exchange, visit https://kno2.com
Inofile technology creates vital links to simplify healthcare. Its groundbreaking software solves one of the most complex and overlooked problems facing healthcare, transforming unstructured medical information into a common, standards-based format. Inofile connects the healthcare continuum with simple, cost-effective technology designed to integrate into any patient care setting. Learn more at www.inofile.com.