NEWARK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Panasonic, an industry leader in reliable and innovative mobile computers since 1996, today announced the U.S. launch of its Toughpad FZ-M1 rugged 7-inch tablet PC powered by the Intel® Celeron® Processor. As a more affordable model of the standard Toughpad FZ-M1 announced earlier this year, the tablet is built to serve as a platform for cloud-based applications, delivery routing, email connectivity and other everyday tasks in the field. With its thin, lightweight, rugged and fanless design; Windows 8.1 with Bing operating system and enterprise-grade security features such as Trusted Platform Module (TPM), the new Toughpad FZ-M1 is ideal for highly mobile professionals in field services and sales, retail, transportation and logistics, and government.
“Mobile computers are being utilized in the enterprise in new ways each day and workers’ computing needs are continuously evolving, especially as more of them move to the cloud,” said Dan Diliberti, Senior Product Management - Tablets and Handhelds, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “This new configuration of one of our most popular recent models addresses the evolving market to deliver ROI in a new way. Its affordability also puts rugged, enterprise-class computing within reach of a new category of customer, especially those who may be looking to replace aging PDA-type devices or even pen-and-paper-based processes.”
The new tablet offers many of the same features as the class-leading, high-performance 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processor powered Toughpad FZ-M1 unveiled at International CES 2014. This includes a sunlight-readable, glove-enabled touchscreen; full-shift battery life with a built-in bridge battery enabling users to switch out batteries without powering down the device; and a broad range of configuration options to allow organizations to customize the ideal tool for their workforces. Like Panasonic’s entire range of enterprise-grade mobile computers, the Toughpad FZ-M1 is built for easy integration into existing IT infrastructures, longer life cycle management and for smooth deployments and ongoing support, providing a lower total cost of ownership.
Toughpad FZ-M1 Intel® Celeron® Processor model: Key Features
- Fully-Rugged Durability: Tested to meet MIL-STD-810G specifications for drops (up to 5 feet), shock, vibration, altitude, humidity and extreme temperatures. IP65 fully sealed fanless design
- Lightweight Portability: 1.2 lbs., 0.71” thin (standard configuration)
- Display: 7-inch sunlight-readable, anti-reflective WXGA (1280x800) LCD with extremely wide viewing angles and strengthened glass
- Input: High-sensitivity, 10-point capacitive multi-touch screen engineered to work even with thick gloves. Stylus pen available
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® N2807 Processor (1M Cache, up to 2.16 GHz)
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit
- Storage & Memory: 64GB eMMC (128GB or 256GB SSD option available) with 4 GB RAM
- Battery: 8 hours per MobileMark® 2007 testing, 60 cd/m2 (user-replaceable), built-in bridge battery and optional high capacity battery (16 hours) available
- Camera: 5MP rear camera with auto focus and LED light; 720P built-in front camera with mic
- Connectivity & Configuration Options: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC7260 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® v4.0 (Class 1), USB 3.0, micro SDXC card slot, docking connector, optional 4G LTE multi-carrier embedded wireless broadband, or dedicated GPS. Other options include Barcode reader, Ethernet, serial port, and choice of near field communications (NFC), half-insertable SmartCard reader, UHF radio-frequency identification (RFID) reader (up to 10 ft. range), or Magnetic Stripe reader
- Warranty: The Toughpad FZ-M1 is backed by the industry's most comprehensive 3-year warranty and U.S.-based customer support
For a full list of specifications and more detailed information, visit http://www.PanasonicToughpad.com.
The Toughpad FZ-M1 Intel® Celeron® Processor model utilizes the same set of enterprise-grade accessories available for the Toughpad FZ-M1 standard model, including straps, cases, cradles, printers, keyboards and multi-unit storage and charging solutions.
Pricing and Availability
The Toughpad FZ-M1 Intel® Celeron® Processor model is available in June 2014 at a street price of $1,299. The standard model of the tablet – featuring a high-performance 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor, additional storage and memory, and other added features – is available now at a street price of $2,099. All Toughpad devices can be purchased through authorized Panasonic resellers.
Sales inquiries for Panasonic’s Toughpad family of tablets should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-803-8492.
Follow the Toughpad® Brand (#Toughpad):
Panasonic Solutions for Business
Panasonic delivers game-changing technology solutions that deliver a customized experience to drive better outcomes—for our customers and our customers’ customers. Panasonic engineers reliable products and solutions that help to create, capture and deliver data of all types, where, when and how it is needed. The complete suite of Panasonic professional solutions for government and commercial enterprises of all sizes addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, office productivity, visual communications (projectors, displays, digital signage) and HD video production. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Information on Panasonic solutions for business can be obtained by calling 877-803-8492 or at us.panasonic.com/business-solutions/.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and services for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation, and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. In Interbrand’s 2013 Annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, the Panasonic brand ranked number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report (http://bit.ly/17ezCDI). As part of continuing sustainability efforts, Panasonic Corporation of North America relocated its headquarters to a new facility built to meet LEED certification standards, adjacent to Newark Penn Station in Newark, NJ. Learn more about Panasonic at www.panasonic.com.