DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hfvr7n/vertical_farming) has announced the addition of Wintergreen Research, Inc's new report "Vertical Farming, Plant Factory Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020" to their offering.
Worldwide markets are poised to achieve significant growth as the food supply for the world starts to adopt automated process. Grow lights have become more sophisticated and less expensive to run as solar and wind energy are adopted by greenhouses and plant factories.
Plant Factory (PF), vertical farming is a closed environment in which plants are grown under lights in shelves stacked one on another. All the elements needed for plant growth are artificially controlled, a process that removes detrimental influences such as pesticides and poor weather conditions. Traditional agriculture lives at the mercy of the elements. A plant factory is run based on science. Science is used to produce plants based on carefully controlled spectrum best for plant growth, to produce plants of a fixed quality, quantity, cost, time to harvest, and tuned to control the sale price.
Plant factory weed control is able to achieve crop-yield increases. Robot technology is deploying machines for weed control, promising to improve crop yields. Robots make the crops safer by eliminating or virtually eliminating herbicides. Downstream processing system solutions and robots achieve automation of process. Robots meet stringent hygiene and safety regulations, work tirelessly 24 hours a day, and relieve human workers of physically arduous tasks. Robots contribute to the freshness, variety and quality of food. Projects are ongoing.
High value crops are a target of agricultural robotic development. What could be tastier than a strawberry, perfectly formed, and perfectly ripened? New plant factories that grow fruits and vegetables on shelves indoors are able to improve the delivery of consistent quality food, and to implement efficiency in managing food production.
Food factories produce organic vegetables. This represents a next step in the application of automated process to everyday life. Automated process for farming provides immediate help for food stores. Plant factories support farming practices that are not dependent on the climate. Food factories produce organic vegetables 24 hours a day. With the land available for farming depleting quickly, new types of farming are evolving.
Plant Factories Market Driving Forces
- Demand for ability to grow food consistently
- Demand for ability to grow food locally
- Can grow food in warehouses
- Can grow food in the home
- Dedicating space that is efficient for producing food
- Fresh, sanitary food available consistently
- Food factories
- Ability to produce organic vegetables
- Ability to produce vegetables 24 hours a day
- Land available for farming depleting quickly
- New types of farming are evolving
- Growing of vegetables indoors all year round
Key Topics Covered:
1. PLANT FACTORY MARKET DESCRIPTION AND DYNAMICS
2 Plant Factory, Vertical Farming Market Shares and Forecasts
3. Plant Factory Description
4. Plant Factory Technology
5. Agricultural Plant Factory Company Profiles
- Grodan Rockwool Grow Blocks
- Royal Philips Revenue
- Aizufujikako Co., Ltd.
- Everlight Electronics
- Genesis Photonics (GPI)
- Gotham Greens
- Granpa Co., Ltd.
- Hon Hai
- Iwasaki Electric
- Jingpeng Solar Powered Plant Factory
- Natural Vitality
- Nihon Advanced Agri Corporation
- Ozu Corporation
- Philips Horticulture Lamps
- Ringdale ActiveLED®
- Rockwool® Group
- Ryobi Holdings
- Spread Co., Ltd. Company Information
- Tingyi International / Wei Chuan Foods
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hfvr7n/vertical_farming
Source: Wintergreen Research, Inc