NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Huffington Post will end 2013 with significant increases in audience reach, overall revenue, and international expansion, it was announced today by Huffington Post President & Editor-in-Chief Arianna Huffington and CEO Jimmy Maymann. The Huffington Post also saw record-breaking growth in viewership to its live-streaming network, HuffPost Live, and further expanded its mobile properties with several app launches in 2013.
“2013 has been the most exciting year of growth for The Huffington Post,” said Huffington. “We launched our first international edition just over two years ago, and today we are in nine countries that comprise half of the world’s GDP, with Brazil, South Korea, and India launching in early 2014, and 44 percent of our traffic coming from outside the US. As we take our platform wider across the globe, we’re also going deeper in terms of the stories we tell. Our emphasis on the Third Metric has fueled huge lifestyle growth—our Healthy Living audience grew by nearly a third this year—helping our readers and viewers redefine success and live healthier, less stressful, and more fulfilling lives.”
- The Huffington Post’s overall audience increased 21% from 2012, and hit a record-breaking 84 million UVs worldwide in October, with +44% of visitors coming from outside of the United States. Traffic to The Huffington Post has increased 37% since its acquisition by AOL Inc. in March 2011. HuffPost France has experienced a 106% increase in UVs year-over-year and HuffPost Canada has experienced a 75% increase in UVs year-over-year.
- HuffPost Live video views increased nearly every month in 2013 and saw substantial year-over-year growth. The network garnered a record-breaking 108 million video views in November—an increase of 510% year-over-year (source: 5min Analytics).
- Mobile Web page views have increased by +60% year-to-date with 40 million UVs. Tablet page views are up 53% and app views up 49%. The Huffington Post was cited as the top social publisher on Facebook (source: Newswhip) in November and October 2013, beating out The New York Times, CNN, & Buzzfeed.
- Native advertising revenue is projected to be up 47% year-over-year, and international revenue is projected to be up 180% year-over-year.
- Powered by Third Metric content, The Huffington Post’s Healthy Living section has experienced 28% year-over-year growth in UVs, with a significant increase in user engagement. Healthy Living users increased their minutes per visit by 43% year-over-year, and their pages per visit by 36% year-over-year.
- The Huffington Post’s Lifestyle Network has grown to 24MIL UVs, while The Huffington Post News Network (including politics) has increased to 36MIL UVs.
“The Huffington Post business has seen a year of tremendous growth and expansion on many fronts,” Maymann said. “Our investments in international expansion have quickly paid off, we've grown our video business with HuffPost Live—which is now available across desktop, mobile, internet radio, and connected TVs. We have also innovated on product offerings across all platforms and formats. Advertiser interest and spend is also at an all-time high—few publishers offer the scale, technology, and premium content at the velocity and breadth of The Huffington Post.”
In 2013, The Huffington Post launched editions in Japan, Maghreb, and Germany, adding to its existing presence in other top international markets including Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, and France. The Huffington Post’s nine editions, including the US, are in front of half the world’s GDP; in 2014 it will reach two thirds. Editions in Brazil and South Korea will launch in Q1 of 2014, extending The Huffington Post’s reach to five continents.
In 2013, The Huffington Post signed original deals with brands including Chipotle (“Food for Thought”), Citi (“HuffPost Live Music”), Bank of America (launch sponsor of Financial Education Section), and Paramount (“Anchorman 2” takeover of numerous HuffPost platforms). The Huffington Post’s Partner Studio, an in-house branded content agency that collaborates with HuffPost clients on creating native advertising, also launched this year.
About The Huffington Post
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 46 million monthly U.S. unique visitors and 78 million monthly global unique visitors (comScore, August 2013) posting over eight million comments each month. The site has over 50,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb and Germany. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL).