SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Crowdtilt, the most versatile technology platform connecting people and payments for group purchases, experiences and causes, today unveiled the industry’s first, full-featured crowdfunding app for mobile devices, allowing people on the go to both start and contribute to crowdfunding campaigns directly from their mobile devices.
“A mobile application is a must for making crowdfunding open, accessible, and radically inclusive, and we believe the accessibility of a native mobile app will move crowdfunding from something you do a few times a year to a few times a week,” said James Beshara, co-founder and CEO of Crowdtilt. “The gap from where we are today to where we will be in the future in the world of crowdfunding is a technology gap, requiring different tools for different audiences, all with strides toward openness and accessibility. We’ve built our team and company around that philosophy, and a native mobile app is a huge step in that direction.”
The app is available for all iOS devices starting today from the Apple App StoreSM and, to Crowdtilt’s knowledge, is the only mobile app that lets you perform the below, all from your phone:
- Quickly start, contribute to and/or manage campaigns on the go; spur-of-the-moment, everyday campaign ideas can be quickly brought to life through a gorgeous interface, completely customized for mobile
- Browse active campaigns, join, and follow your friends
- Immediately share your new campaigns and contributions with friends via email, Facebook, Twitter or text message (standard messaging rates apply)
- Automatically streamline the process of creating a tax-exempt, non-profit campaign down to just a few strokes on your phone; all tax-deductible receipts are taken care of with Crowdtilt
From a technology perspective, the mobile app is the latest in a series of industry-first tools from Crowdtilt aimed at making crowdfunding as useful for consumers as for entrepreneurs, elected officials, enterprises and non-profits. From a business perspective, the app directly links crowdfunding with the inevitable trend towards mobile, creating a wider market for collaboration around people and payments, no matter where they are.
“Earlier this year, we released the Crowdtilt API, the first of its kind to provide other developers with an out-of-the-box crowdfunding solution, as well as introduced the first, full-featured open source crowdfunding tool, called Crowdhoster,” Beshara said. “Crowdhoster and the Crowdtilt API are two of the most powerful tools in crowdfunding, but sometimes you don’t want power. Sometimes you want accessibility, so we’re beyond excited for the app to put the power of crowdfunding in all of our pockets!”
To celebrate the launch of the app, Crowdtilt will waive the 2.5% fee for campaigns started from mobile devices for a limited time.
Anyone with any device running iOS, including the all-new iOS 7, can download the Crowdtilt app from the Apple App Store by clicking this link! The Crowdtilt team is already working on the Android version of the mobile app.
Additional Media Resources:
- View a video demo of the app, and download screen shots of the app in action.
- Read more about the app launch on the Crowdtilt blog.
- Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and learn more at crowdtilt.com.
Crowdtilt is a technology company based in San Francisco, CA. Founded in 2012, we strive to build and offer the most open and accessible online crowdfunding tools to power everything from barbecues, to political campaigns, to startup businesses, to charity fundraisers. For more information, visit www.crowdtilt.com.