CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Celadon Group, Inc., a provider of long-haul and regional full-truckload freight service with operations in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, has chosen workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to increase efficiencies and control costs. Celadon Group will deploy in the Kronos Cloud to implement its workforce goals faster to achieve a rapid return on its investment.
- One of North America’s largest transportation and logistics companies, Celadon employs more than 4,000 employees worldwide and operates roughly 2,600 tractors and 8,900 trailers. Its customer base represents a “Who’s Who” list of the world’s leading manufacturers and retailers.
- Celadon Group selected Kronos time and attendance, HR and payroll, absence management, and hiring applications.
- As a result of choosing to deploy these applications in the Kronos Cloud, Celadon will rely on Kronos to perform all configuration, maintenance, and upgrades of the workforce management solution, enabling the IT department at Celadon to focus resources on other priorities. Kronos ensures that the solution is deployed rapidly and supported throughout the Kronos relationship, providing the latest software versions as soon as they become available.
- For added innovation in how Celadon collects time-worked data from employees, it also purchased Kronos® InTouch™ time clocks to provide employees more control over their time, enabling them to easily check accrual balances, request time off, and view schedules – all in real time.
- Celadon selected Kronos for its large and fast-growing cloud customer base, ease of use, and proven ability to help organizations control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity.
- Complete automation and enforcement of time and attendance as well as absence-related policies related to attendance and long-term leave requirements will reduce Celadon’s labor costs associated with manual data entry and absenteeism through Kronos time and attendance and absence management solutions.
- Enhanced reporting capabilities within the Kronos HR and payroll system will allow managers to easily access the information needed to reduce errors, increase efficiencies, and enforce consistent policies, all in real time. This will ultimately lead to improved accuracy and elimination of the administrative overhead.
- The Kronos hiring solution will help streamline the recruiting process and enable Celadon to track and improve hiring effectiveness. The employee on-boarding process will also be faster through integration of new hire information with the Kronos HR and payroll system.
Andy De La Cruz, human resources manager, Celadon Group, Inc.
“Celadon is quickly growing and we were looking for a long-term solution. We wanted a workforce management vendor that offered scalable and easy-to-use solutions. We’re particularly excited about deploying in the Kronos Cloud, lifting the burden from our IT staff and shifting the responsibility to Kronos experts. We expect to benefit greatly from all that Kronos has to offer.”
Malysa O’Connor, director, services and distribution group, Kronos
“The trucking industry is trying to contend with capacity constraints and rising costs that strain profitability. To maintain a competitive edge, trucking organizations need to effectively drive productivity and control costs. The Celadon Group is a progressive organization, as it recognizes the benefits that innovative workforce management technology and deployment in the cloud can offer. We look forward to supporting the organization’s near- and long-term business objectives.”
- About Celadon Group, Inc.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and InTouch and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.