WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The National Energy Marketers Association (NEM) will be presenting Public Service Leadership Awards and Industry Leadership Awards at its upcoming 16th Annual National Energy Restructuring Conference the morning of April 30, 2013, in Washington, DC. “This will be the first time the Association has voted to recognize the outstanding public service that the Public Service Commissions (PSCs) of Georgia and Texas have provided to the citizens of their States through the restructuring of the Georgia natural gas market and the Texas electric market into successful competitive retail markets. We are honored to acknowledge the significant accomplishments of both of these Commissions in establishing and supporting our new high growth energy industry,” said Craig Goodman, President of NEM.
Commissioner Tim Echols of the Georgia Public Service Commission will be accepting the “Public Service Leadership Award – Competitive Natural Gas Markets” and Commissioner Kenneth Anderson of the Public Utility Commission of Texas will be accepting the “Public Service Leadership Award – Competitive Electricity Markets,” on behalf of their States. “For sixteen years now, Georgia has given customers a choice for gas service, but yet kept our regulated utility fully involved in safe and accurate distribution service,” said Commissioner Timothy Echols. “It is working really well for us.”
The Industry Leadership Award is being presented by NEM and its Board in recognition of contributions made as former NEM Executive Committee Chairs and Vice Chairs. The following individuals will be receiving the Industry Leadership Award:
- Amy Reece, Founding Chair, National Energy Marketers Association, Past President, Sempra Energy Solutions (Chair – 1998-1999)
- Mac McCay, Sempra Energy Solutions (Chair -1999)
- Matthew Picardi, Vice President, Shell Energy North America (Chair – 2000, Vice Chair 1998-2000)
- Philip R. VanHorne, President & CEO, BlueRock Energy (Chair- 2000-2001)
- Clem Palevich, Past President, Constellation New Energy (Chair – 2001-2002)
- Bob Dickerman, Past President, Sempra Energy Solutions (Chair – 2002-2003)
- Nick Fulford, Past President, Centrica North America (Chair - 2003-2004)
- Bill Kinneary, President, North American Power (Chair - 2006-07, 2012)
- Harry Warren, President, Washington Gas Energy Services (Chair – 2007-09, Vice Chair – 2006-2007)
- Steven Boss, Past President, Commerce Energy (Vice Chair – 2007-2008)
- Scott White, President, Interstate Gas Supply, Inc., dba IGS Energy (Vice Chair - 2009)
- Steve Maslak, Past President, Gateway Energy Services (Chair - 2010-2011)
- Douglas Marcille, President & CEO, U.S. Gas & Electric (Vice Chair – 2010 -2011)
- Tony Banks, CEO & President, Star Energy Partners (Vice Chair - 2012)
“The growth and success of NEM is a direct result of the hard work, dedication, and commitment to the creation of robust, competitive energy markets demonstrated by our Chairs and Vice Chairs during their respective tenures as leaders in the Association. We are pleased to recognize this outstanding group of retail market visionaries,” said Goodman.
Additional information about NEM’s 16th Annual National Energy Restructuring Conference is available on the NEM website. NEM is a national, non-profit trade association representing wholesale and retail marketers of natural gas, electricity, as well as energy and financial related products, services, information and advanced technologies throughout the United States, Canada and the European Union. You may contact NEM's Washington, DC headquarters at (202) 333-3288 or its website at www.energymarketers.com.