READING, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc., (GMCR) (NASDAQ: GMCR), a leader in specialty coffee and coffee makers, today announces the commercial expansion of its newest single cup brewing system, Keurig® Vue®, a premium new platform designed with the ability to brew stronger, bigger, and hotter, and now smarter with RFID (radio frequency identification) technology.
Engineered specifically for use by professional services firms with frequent users, the new Vue® V1200 is the only premium single cup brewing system designed with customizable technology allowing users to have control over the strength, size and temperature of their beverages. The UL certified commercial Vue® V1200 brewer also is the first in the industry to incorporate RFID technology to the beverage packs to simplify and enhance the brewing experience. This innovative My Brew™ technology was engineered by Keurig to guide users who might not be familiar with the Keurig® single cup brewing system to get it right the first time by enabling the brewer to default to optimum settings for the chosen beverage based on a “recipe” tag.
“At Keurig, we believe in offering the most advanced, premium brewing options to our customers,” says Michelle Stacy, President of GMCR’s Keurig® business unit. “The Keurig® Vue® V1200 brewer further demonstrates our investment in offering smart technology choices that continue to enhance the user experience for professionals across multiple industries. My Brew™ simplifies the brewing experience for any user. Each commercial Vue® pack contains an RFID recipe tag that is read by the Keurig® Vue® Brewer, identifying the optimum setting for each beverage every time.”
First introduced in February 2012 to the at-home market, the new Vue® brewing system maintains the simplicity and convenience of Keurig’s® K-Cup® system with added customizable features for the strength, size and temperature control of beverages. The Custom Brew Technology® feature alsoadjusts water pressure, timing and airflow so users can brew to suit individual strength preferences. The Vue® brewer also allows for eight varying sizes of brew, from 4 ounces to a travel mug size of 18 ounces, as well as a brewing temperature range between 187 and 198 degrees Fahrenheit, all at a touch of an easy-to-use interactive touchscreen.
The new Keurig® Vue® V1200 brewer, which recently received the Gold Award for Innovation in the OCS & Water Equipment Category at the 2012 National Automatic Merchandiser Association’s One Show for its innovative offerings, also features:
- Innovation: The design of the new, patented, single-serve Vue® pack accommodates varying grind volume and packing requirements so that GMCR can offer a variety of packs that meet each consumer’s beverage needs, including coffee, tea, hot cocoa, iced, fruit-based, and frothy café beverages.
- Choice: Vue® packs available with the V1200 at launch will include more than 20 varieties representing a mix of brands and taste profiles including Green Mountain Coffee®, Barista Prima®, Tully's Coffee®, Coffee People®, Green Mountain Naturals®, Café Escapes®, Celestial Seasonings® and Newman's Own® Organics.
- Recyclability: The Vue® system represents an incremental step on GMCR’s journey to reduce its environmental impact. The Vue® pack’s cup is made from polypropylene #5 plastic and can be recycled wherever polypropylene/#5 plastics are accepted, currently in approximately half of the communities in the United States. Additional information regarding Vue® recycling is available at www.VueRecycling.com.
The new Vue® V1200 brewer for away-from-home workplace use will be available through Keurig Authorized Distributors beginning in September 2012. A complementary system, V1255, will also be available at office stores and on www.Keurig.com beginning in September.
In addition to the launch of Vue®, 2012 also marks several milestones for Keurig. The Away from Home business of GMCR’s Keurig® business recently sold its one millionth brewer through its commercial channel. In addition, the Keurig® branded single cup coffee maker platform has been named “Brand of the Year” in the 2012 Harris Poll EquiTrend® Equity Study. Keurig® received the highest ranking in the “Coffee Maker” category based on consumers’ perceptions of familiarity, quality and purchase consideration, a selection of several qualifying elements evaluated.
- Vue® Information: http://www.keurig.com/VueSystem
- Main Keurig® Store: http://www.keurig.com/Keurig-Store
- For more information on GMCR’s environmental journey, visit www.brewingabetterworld.com.
About Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.
As a leader in specialty coffee and coffee makers, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (GMCR) (NASDAQ:GMCR), is recognized for its award-winning coffees, innovative Keurig® Single Cup brewing technology, and socially responsible business practices. GMCR supports local and global communities by offsetting 100% of its direct greenhouse gas emissions, investing in sustainably-grown coffee, and donating a portion of its pre-tax profits to social and environmental projects. For more information, please visit us online at www.GMCR.com; www.greenmountaincoffeeroasters.com or www.keurig.com.
GMCR routinely posts information that may be of importance to investors in the Investor Relations section of its website, including news releases and its complete financial statements, as filed with the SEC. The Company encourages investors to consult this section of its website regularly for important information and news. Additionally, by subscribing to the Company’s automatic email news release delivery, individuals can receive news directly from GMCR as it is released.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50402095&lang=en