LAFAYETTE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Everloop.com, the leading, safe social media site for kids under 13 to connect with friends, create, share and have fun, is announcing the release of the first mobile social app for kids and tweens. The free mobile app, set to debut on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) and Android devices, will launch later this month. Named “Everloop Goobit”, the app will give kids on-the-go access to Everloop’s features anytime, anyplace, anywhere and will include Everloop’s very popular “Goob” feature.
“As kids become more mobile, they want to be able to stay connected with their Everloop friends and loops,” said Hilary DeCesare, Everloop CEO and Co-Founder. “This first-of-its-kind app will allow just that, giving kids a safer, secure and fun way to stay in touch no matter where they are. Additionally, we are excited to announce the app will include one of the kids’ favorite features, ‘Goobs’ that they can only get on Everloop.com.”
Features of the new app include:
- Moderated communication on the go (e.g. no bad language, no bullying, etc.).
- The ability to post, comment and share on their own loops and friends’ loops.
- “Goobs”, the extremely popular practical joke feature exclusive to Everloop users. Kids can now “Goob” each other, splattering virtual bugs or pulling the ultimate virtual TP prank (Toilet Papering) on each other’s mobile screens.
The app’s release coincides with Internet Safety Month, an annual June reminder of the dangers that exist in cyberspace. While much past attention has focused on home computer safety, mobile safety is now becoming an issue as studies show:
- 52% of all children now have access to one of the newer mobile devices at home, whether a smartphone (41%), video iPod (21%), or an iPad or other tablet device (8%) – Common Sense Media, Fall 2011
- 11% of kids eight and younger use a cell phone, iPod, iPad or similar device for media consumption daily – Common Sense Media, Fall 2011
- 60% of parents say cyberbullying occurs through social networking sites like Facebook, with 42% saying it occurs though cellular telephones or other mobile devices – Ipsos, January 2012
“Everloop’s release of the first mobile social app for kids comes as more than half of all children have access to a mobile device and that immediately raises safety concerns,” said Sandy Barger, Everloop CMO. “Our app will help ensure that Everloop kids have a safer social option for them to connect with their friends and interests. They can communicate with groups of classmates during the summer, friends they meet at camp or a sports loop they are on via their mobile phones with the same level of peace of mind they receive using Everloop from their home computers.”
Everloop is the leading online site for kids to connect with friends, play games, discover new talents, create and have fun. Everloop’s unique looping technology allows kids to join groups by interest and its breadth of content supports development of core skills including creativity, collaboration and communication, all needed for the 21st century child. Above all, safety is the top priority and Everloop employs the most comprehensive privacy protection and 24/7 monitoring technology of any kid’s site to guard young users against bullying, bad language and inappropriate sharing of information. Parents can decide the level of independence their child has and which features they have access to with the simple click of a button. Working together, Everloop and parents train kids to be responsible digital citizens. For more information visit www.everloop.com.
Like Everloop on Facebook.
Follow Everloop on Twitter.