CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Supporting its aggressive international growth strategy and strengthening its presence in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region, Kronos Incorporated today announced that it has acquired UK-based SMART Computer Holdings and its Spanish affiliate SMART Human Logistics in cash transactions.
- SMART is a leading provider of workforce management solutions – including time and attendance, staff scheduling, and absence management.
- Hundreds of organizations in the manufacturing, services and distribution, retail and hospitality, and public sector markets use SMART solutions, including Allianz, Gist, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service, Jaguar, JC Bamford Excavators (JCB), Kuehne and Nagel (K&N), Leroy Merlin, Mandarin Oriental, Merlin Entertainments Group, Swissport, Trailfinders, and Wiseman Dairies.
- A recognized leader in the healthcare workforce management market, SMART also provides solutions to a large population of National Health Service (NHS) customers throughout the UK such as Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust, Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust, and Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust.
- Whether installed onsite or delivered as a cloud services offering, the SMART product architecture enables organizations to focus on specific areas of priority and overcome workforce management challenges such as Working Time Regulations and specific scheduling requirements of NHS Trusts.
- Founded in 1986, SMART is privately held. SMART employees will continue to support SMART customers from their current locations in Codicote, UK; Oldbury, UK; and Madrid, Spain.
Dick Cahill, vice president and general manager, international,
“Acquiring SMART is yet another manifestation of our aggressive global expansion efforts, further strengthening our presence in the EMEA region.”
Tim Bisley, general manager, Kronos EMEA
“We are particularly excited to become a leader in the UK healthcare market through SMART’s domain expertise and well-established base of NHS Trust customers. Bringing SMART into the Kronos family also establishes a physical presence for our company in Spain, a country with tremendous potential for growth for our workforce management solutions.”
Eric Smart, founder and chief executive officer, SMART
“Combining SMART’s workforce management expertise in Europe with Kronos’ global presence, financial stability, and innovative resources will bring great value to SMART customers and employees. No company is better equipped to take SMART to the next level. SMART is poised for a remarkable future and great success with Kronos.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.