SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE) today announced it is making eSignatures available to hundreds of millions of Adobe® Reader® users, adding greater flexibility for signing, sending and managing important documents, whether from a desktop, iOS, or Android mobile device. Through integration between Adobe Reader and Adobe EchoSign® eSignature service, users can gain real-time visibility into the signature process and status of contracts, giving end users the assurance that their signed documents have been received, can be easily organized and managed.
Available immediately, Adobe Reader X (version 10.1.3) for desktop offers new signature functionality with Adobe EchoSign that lets users choose how they want to electronically sign a document, either by drawing their signature or by adding a typed or cursive signature. Also available today is the latest version of Adobe Reader for mobile, which now lets users electronically sign a document by simply drawing their signature, making it easy to conduct business while on the go. The new capabilities for smartphones, tablets and desktops include:
- Ink Signature Tool – Users can electronically sign a document by hand-drawing their signature with their finger on a touchscreen.
- Send for Signature – Users can connect to Adobe EchoSign to get others to sign documents electronically, enabling senders to track and manage the status of documents online. In addition, signed contracts are archived in the cloud, making it easy for users to retrieve documents from anywhere, at any time, via a Web browser.
Adobe Reader for mobile also adds new features that let people interact with PDF documents directly from their iOS or Android devices. These include:
- Annotate – Users can choose the Highlight, Strikethrough or Underline annotation tools, and drag over any text to easily markup text.
- Comment – Users can add Sticky Notes anywhere on a PDF document. Just choose the Note tool, tap, and add the comment.
- Forms Fill – Users can fill out simple PDF forms, save them, and forward them on to the recipient.
These new capabilities complement the wide range of features already available in Adobe Reader for mobile – including viewing PDF Portfolios, password-protected PDF documents and Adobe LiveCycle rights-managed PDF files; and opening and viewing PDF files from email, on the Web or from any application that supports the “Open In” function. The highly intuitive user interface provides an efficient PDF viewing experience regardless of the device.
Kevin M. Lynch, SVP and GM, Acrobat® and Document Services, Adobe
“The days of printing, signing and faxing back signed documents are numbered. With Adobe Reader and EchoSign, we’re making it easy for anyone to send important contracts to customers so that they can quickly and easily sign and send them electronically and get the deal done faster.”
Adobe Mobile Reader 10.2 is available free on the iOS app store and Google Play. Adobe Reader X (version 10.1.3) is also available for desktop download.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Reader, EchoSign and Acrobat are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50233030&lang=en