MUNICH & SAN FRANCISCO & LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IT security experts Avira and the global service for online privacy and reputation protection secure.me announced today at CES 2012 in Las Vegas the availability of a bundled product package enabling consumers enhanced abilities to control personal data and privacy on Facebook. This product bundle is available starting today in the US and Canada markets for all new customers of Avira. Customers buying the Avira Internet Security 2012 suite will gain twelve months premium access to the full feature set of secure.me.
“Avira is proud to partner with a company like secure.me which takes protection of personal information to a new level,” said Chris Weltzien, Managing Director of Avira. “With this product bundle, we feel that we have all the bases covered, and we’ll continue delivering the best security and protection for consumers around the globe. The bad guys don’t rest, and neither do we.”
The secure.me component of the product bundle allows consumers:
- Regain control over your online privacy – secure.me makes complex privacy settings easy. It provides you advice and information and actions you can take for a safe and carefree Internet use.
- Identify privacy threats on Facebook – secure.me provides an overview of your activities and data online and highlights any critical posts and scam in the monitored Facebook profile and its network of friends.
- Protect yourself from compromising photos – secure.me uses biometric face recognition to help you find all pictures of you on Facebook, whether you're tagged or not and gives you control over your reputation.
“We are very excited to give consumers the opportunity to stay safe online with award-winning security software from Avira along with secure.me’s ability to keep their privacy and identity safe while on Facebook,” said Christian Sigl, founder of secure.me. “Today, basically everybody protects their PC with antivirus software. With the use of social networks and extensive online sharing, a new type of vulnerability has evolved, in fact the violability of your own and your children‘s personal data, privacy and identity. With Avira‘s product bundle we are making sure our customers have the tools necessary to keep themselves safe in today‘s instant information society.”
Avira 2012 benefits include:
- More intuitive User Interfaces – A streamlined 2-click install process and automatic resolution of software conflicts make installation a breeze for everyone. Best of all, a one-click “Fix Problems” button to solve any issues that might endanger users’ computers.
- Stronger Detection – Avira software has even further increased detection rates by out-witting malware that hides from ordinary antivirus software. New detection mechanisms find rogue code that hides even deep in the operating system.
- Smarter Code – All components have been fortified in order to better resist malware attacks that target antivirus software specifically. This fortification includes the ability for Avira software to function without many registry keys, better resistance against process termination and component deletion, and many other malware counter-measures.
Pricing and Availability
The Avira and secure.me product bundle is available today for $59.99 (US) and $64.27 (Canada). Consumers can purchase and download the bundle at: www.avira.com/securemeoffer.
secure.me is dedicated to a safe and carefree Internet experience. The online service protects personal data and the privacy of individuals and business owners and provides transparency regarding their reputation on the Internet. secure.me also empowers parents to keep their children safe on social networks such as Facebook. secure.me is available worldwide in ten different languages and at no cost.
secure.me is based on the proven monitoring and content-analysis technology of the German online reputation management pioneer myON-ID Media GmbH, founded in 2007 by Mario Grobholz and Christian Sigl. myON-ID Media is backed by several investors including T-Venture, the venture capital company of Deutsche Telekom (German Telekom). The company is headquartered in Munich and has an office in San Francisco, California.
Further information about secure.me is available at www.secure.me.
Avira stands for extreme reliability and internet freedom around the globe. The company was founded 25 years ago on Tjark Auerbach's promise to "make software that does good things for my friends and family". Because of Avira's security expertise and award-winning antivirus software, today more than 100 million consumers and small businesses live free of spyware, phishing, worms and other internet based threats. The company delivers IT-security protection to computers, servers and networks both directly and in the cloud.
In addition to protecting the online world, Avira's CEO promotes well being in the offline world through the Auerbach Foundation, which supports charitable and social projects. The philosophy of the foundation is to help people to help themselves.