DRAPER, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The company that first transformed the way to buy contact lenses now changes the way to buy prescription eyeglasses with the unveiling of Glasses.com, by 1-800 CONTACTS.
Building on a 15-year heritage of making millions of customers happy with convenient ordering, great value, fast delivery, 100% satisfaction guarantee, and the best customer service, Glasses.com will now deliver the same relentless focus on convenience and customer satisfaction for prescription eyeglasses.
“For most consumers, buying prescription glasses is frustrating,” said Jonathan Coon, Founder and CEO of 1-800 CONTACTS. “You typically can’t see what you’re trying on and have a limited frame selection. Plus, glasses are expensive. Today’s introduction of Glasses.com will transform the customer experience and make the process of buying glasses easy, convenient and fun.”
Glasses.com is being introduced as a new brand and distinct website because the processes of buying glasses and contacts are very different. Eyeglasses have a style and fashion element – people want to see what they look like before making a purchase – and each pair is custom-made. The Glasses.com site offers unique tools that address these consumer needs and enhance the buying experience. These include:
- Virtual Try On photo upload or webcam feature so customers can try on frames they like before deciding which look feels just right
- Virtual Sharing of top frame choices can be emailed to family and friends or posted on Facebook so they can share the decision with people they trust
- Live online chat with opticians to address any remaining questions about eyeglasses frames, lenses, coatings or the patient’s prescription
To ensure the highest quality product, Glasses.com will offer more than a dozen of today’s most popular frame brands including Oakley, 7 for All Mankind, Modo, Smith Optics, Jones New York, and others. For lenses and coatings, customers will be able to choose from SOLA Single Vision lenses, Transitions® lenses, and Teflon® lenses Anti-Glare coatings from Carl Zeiss Vision.
“With Glasses.com, customers can expect to save money, improve their overall buying experience, and receive their new glasses more quickly than they would have thought possible,” said John Graham, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Glasses.com.
Customers will experience a superior shopping experience and product quality than they have today, including:
- Guaranteed high quality polycarbonate lenses and authentic, brand name frames
- Free shipping both ways
- Inclusive pricing for frames, lenses and lens coatings – for the best value – eliminating the surprise at the end most consumers experience today
- Price matching, if the same pair of glasses is offered anywhere at a lower price, Glasses.com will match it
- Fast delivery, with custom glasses delivered within two weeks of purchase
- No risk 30-day, no-questions-asked return policy
- A Nationwide Network of Opticians to guarantee quality and fit
Orders can currently be placed through www.glasses.com or by calling 1-800 GLASSES (1-800-452-7737).
About 1-800 CONTACTS
1-800 CONTACTS, based in Draper, Utah, is the world’s largest contact lens store. The company stocks more than 20 million contact lenses and delivers over 150,000 every day directly to customers. 1-800 CONTACTS has delivered over five million orders to more than two million customers since the company was created in 1995. As a result of its extensive inventory, the company is able to ship approximately 95 percent of its orders within one business day of receipt and verification of prescriptions. Through its easy-to-remember, toll-free telephone number “1-800 CONTACTS” (1-800-266-8288) and its website, www.1800contacts.com, the company sells all of the most popular brands of contact lenses. High volume, cost-efficient operations enable 1-800 CONTACTS to offer products at competitive prices while delivering a high level of customer service.