HUDSON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Top Layer Security, a leading global provider of Network Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), announced today the availability of its new IPS 5500 solution for 10GbE networks. Leveraging Top Layer’s 4th-generation IPS architecture, and powered by Tilera’s most powerful multicore processor, the new solution delivers proven protection against network security threats in an innovative high-performance, low-power, scalable 10GbE IPS solution. The Model 2000ES is the 8th new IPS 5500 model that Top Layer has introduced in the past 12 months.
“Top Layer was my IPS decision three years ago because they provided the specific solutions I needed to protect my network,” Jeff Hinkle, President, Global Net Access, LLC. “Now that I am ready to expand my network to 10Gig Ethernet, Top Layer’s IPS 5500 Model 2000ES makes it a smooth transition that allows me to continue my network protection without interruption. Top Layer continues to deliver product innovations that we need to deal with growing network security demands.”
According to Gartner, “More than 40% of organizations name IPS, patch management, DLP, antivirus and identity management among the top five security priorities for 2010. Almost half of organizations include intrusion prevention systems (IPSs) in their project portfolios.”1 Top Layer was also recently recognized as a visionary in Gartner’s 2010 Intrusion Prevention Magic Quadrant.2
“Top Layer’s new 10GbE IPS 5500 solution combines flexible deployment options with powerful, scalable network security protection and reliability that customers need,” said Peter Rendall, President and Chief Executive Officer, Top Layer Security. “Built on the high-performance Tilera platform, Top Layer’s 4th-generation IPS technology is a testament to our commitment to understanding future needs of customers as they navigate a mature IPS technology market while providing them with capabilities to protect their companies’ critical online assets against a constant barrage of network-borne cyber threats, new and old.”
The new 10GbE IPS solution provides protection against current and future network-borne cyber threats by combining Top Layer’s TopResponse™ threat protection update service, high-performance, purpose-built IPS platforms, and real-time management and reporting capabilities. Top Layer’s new Model 2000ES solution offers significant advantages:
- Flexible and Scalable Deployment Options: The scalable 10GbE IPS solution supports ProtectionCluster configurations for unparalleled processing power and reliability, enabling customers to get the protection they need today while enabling easy expansion and performance as their network security needs grow.
- IPS Investment Protection: Hot-standby ‘Tile’ processors provide reserve capacity for future features and functionality while utilizing the same IPS 5500 management software so existing customers have no need to re-train staff on the new solution.
- Unmatched Reliability: The Mean-Time Between Failure (MTBF) rating for the Model 2000ES is over 20 years, more than four times the MTBF rating of competing 10GbE IPS solutions, resulting in longer hardware life and longer-term investment benefit. Built-in Port Bypass ensures “always up” network availability.
- Blazing Performance: Top Layer has harnessed the power of Tilera’s multicore processors, which deliver the world’s highest performance computing for network security applications.
- Reduced Power Consumption: The new solution consumes significantly less power than competing 10GbE IPS solutions, reducing data center operating costs.
- Compact 1 U-Size: The Model 2000ES solution offers a trimmer profile than other 10GbE IPS solutions on the market to enable optimum rack utilization.
For existing IPS 5500 customers, upgrading to the Model 2000ES is seamless, as the Top Layer algorithms and management software are the same ones they currently use – customers maintain the user experience they are familiar with while benefitting from the new 4th-generation IPS technology. New customers can acquire all IPS 5500 EC-Series and ES-Series models by taking advantage of Top Layer’s Free IPS Appliance Program, to realize dramatically reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) compared to other leading IPS solutions.
For more information, please visit the Top Layer Intrusion Prevention Solution page or call +1-978-212-1500 for pricing and additional details.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2010 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Top Layer Security
Top Layer Security is a leading global provider of Network Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) that enables enterprise organizations to protect their critical on-line assets against risks and losses associated with cyber threats. Top Layer Security is headquartered in Massachusetts, USA with sales and services support worldwide.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.