STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ushering in a new era of responsible corporate stewardship, Altus Power (NYSE: AMPS) today announced its AI-powered SaaS solution for businesses, Altus IQ™, designed to give comprehensive energy usage insights to clients as they strive to achieve ambitious net-zero goals. The all-in-one cloud-based dashboard uses proprietary formulas and industry standard data sources to give businesses a detailed understanding of their energy usage and empower them with actionable insights to reduce emissions, generate solar savings and meaningfully improve their carbon footprint across properties.
“Fifteen years ago, we created Altus Power to be a different kind of power company, anticipating the need to help companies achieve net zero goals through renewable energy solutions,” said Lars Norell, co-CEO, Altus Power. “The launch of Altus IQ enables us to deliver even more value to our clients in terms of measuring, reporting and acting on power usage and carbon avoidance and is testament to the innovation and creative talent of our tech leaders, data visualization experts and data analytics team members.”
Altus IQ is a comprehensive carbon accounting platform for a company’s entire portfolio, whether managing hundreds of properties or a single business, a company interested in community solar or a solar owner who wants to determine their impact. Leveraging advanced machine learning algorithms, Altus IQ provides detailed visibility into consumption patterns, offering insights that facilitate effective energy optimization and significant reductions in carbon footprints, including how a company is measuring against the global Paris target of 1.5-degree Celsius warming.
“We believe Altus IQ is a best-in-class technology enabler that offers our clients tremendous visibility into their energy usage, potential savings and the projected impact of solar energy across their organization,” said Julia Sears, Chief Digital Officer, Altus Power. “As more companies put environmental and social responsibility at the forefront, we’re proud of our team’s ability to deliver data driven solutions and an intuitive user experience to help them not only understand but reach these targets.”
Additional features include:
- Real-time Energy Insights and Smart Cost Savings: Clients gain real-time geographic visibility of solar projects and power generation and can analyze the immediate impact of adding solar energy on their carbon footprint and energy bills. Altus IQ can suggest a range of options for achieving carbon reduction targets including connecting to a solar project, purchasing Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), purchasing battery storage and adding EV charging stations.
- Proprietary Estimator for Consumption and Carbon Emissions: Using machine learning and pattern identification, leverage industry-based consumption data from EIA by climate zone, census region and property type as well as proprietary quantitative models to make inferences and projections of consumption and emissions into the future. Leverages CRREM (Carbon Risk Real Estate Monitor) to analyze carbon reduction target patterns and insights across 150 variant combinations of locations and property types.
- Renewable Energy Integration: Weekly, monthly and annual portfolio performance, bringing visibility with KPIs to support the value of switching to solar, measuring the effectiveness of green investments and showcasing a company’s commitment to clean energy.
- Sensor Technology: Minute-by-minute updates on energy usage with an Altus IQ Sensor for large or small buildings to see electricity usage at a glance which could assist with Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions analysis.
- Tenant-Owner Collaboration Tools: Facilitating seamless sharing of energy insights between property owners and tenants, fostering collaboration towards collective energy efficiency and climate benefits.
Altus IQ is currently available to select Altus Power clients. For information on how businesses can join the invite list for access, please visit: https://www.altuspower.com/iq
About Altus Power
Altus Power, based in Stamford, Connecticut, is the leading commercial-scale provider of clean electric power serving commercial, industrial, public sector and Community Solar customers with end-to-end solutions. Altus Power originates, develops, owns and operates locally-sited solar generation, energy storage and charging infrastructure across the nation. Visit www.altuspower.com to learn more.