RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Percona, a leader in enterprise-grade open source database software and services, will host the latest in its annual Percona Live conference series in Denver at the Marriott Tech Center from May 22-24, 2023. Percona Live is the longest-running independent open source database conference, covering a range of database and data management topics including cloud-native deployments, performance improvements, and real-world experience from some of the world’s largest database deployments.
The event will provide three days of hands-on tutorials, breakout sessions, keynote addresses, networking, and socializing with some of the world’s most experienced database professionals. Inspired by the Denver location, this year's event is themed CLIMB. The concept is about reaching peak database performance with open source databases and how Percona serves as a guide to doing so. At the event, industry experts will provide insights around some of the world's most popular databases — MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB — as well as other open source technologies such as Clickhouse, Vitess, and Kubernetes.
“Open source is essential to driving innovation, which is why we’re excited to bring back Percona Live in person following the success of last year's event in Austin,” commented Ann Schlemmer, CEO of Percona. “Over three days we will bring together the open source community to explore the latest technical advances around databases, approaches to data management and how we can deploy these tools more effectively. The conference enables the community to share their knowledge and experiences with one another to contribute to the future of open source.”
Keynote speakers at this year’s event include:
- Ann Schlemmer, CEO of Percona on The Future of Percona
Rachel Stephens, Senior Industry Analyst at RedMonk, As You Wish
Open source databases: a classic tale of true love and high adventure
- Peter Zaitsev, Founder of Percona, Unlocking Data Freedom: Harnessing Open Source to Overcome Data Gravity
Additional topics include:
- Database Observability: Through the lens of SRE - Archana Jattigari, Credit Karma
- Why Machine Learning for Automatically Optimizing Databases Doesn't Work - Andy Pavlo, Carnegie Mellon University / OtterTune
- Operating a 120 TB MongoDB dataset on Kubernetes - David Noriega and Eric Fox, Adobe
- No Passwords, Please, We're Pinterest: Secure Identity-Based Authentication for MySQL - Ernie Souhrada, Pinterest
- Reducing Cost and Improving Performance with Data Modeling in Postgres - Charly Batista, Percona
- Upgrading to MySQL 8.0 - Michael Coburn, Percona
- What is the place of AI in SQL querying? - Tatiana Krupenya, DBeaver Corporation
- Pen-testing open source databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL) - Alexander Rubin, AWS
This year’s Percona Live is sponsored by Microsoft, AWS, Oracle, PlanetScale, FerretDB, Datavail, OtterTune, benchAnt, Victoria Metrics, Civo, and DBeaver just to name a few. For more information or to register for the conference, visit: https://www.percona.com/live/conferences
Percona is widely recognized as a world-class open source database software, support, and services company. The organization is dedicated to helping businesses make databases and applications run better through a unique combination of expertise and open source software. Percona works with numerous global brands across many industries creating a unified experience to monitor, manage, secure, and optimize database environments on any infrastructure.
Percona equips organizations with the freedom to choose, the freedom to create, and the freedom to make a difference - helping them scale and innovate with speed as they grow. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Databases run better with Percona.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.