NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TL;DR – The Byte-Size Download:
- Happening: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 (2.22.22) is the perfect time to launch the nation’s only network-wide 2 Gig fiber internet service.
- Customer Offer: Symmetrical 2 Gig fiber speeds @ $149.99/mo + free next-gen total home Wi-Fi + free Amazon Fire TV + free webcam + free voice line + free activation + free premium tech support + free multi-device security.
- Availability: Multi-Gig service is available across Frontier’s entire fiber footprint; this means no phased rollouts.
- Get stoked: “We’re thrilled to become the first and only major ISP to deliver network-wide 2 Gig internet service, as we unleash the power of our fiber network,” said Nick Jeffery, President and CEO of Frontier. “Today is proof that Frontier is doing what customers want and cable can’t – bringing faster speeds and greater value to consumers as we Build Gigabit America TM.”
The home Wi-Fi experience is about to get a whole lot better – and faster. Today, leading internet service provider Frontier launched the nation’s only network-wide 2 Gig fiber service, bringing faster speeds to its entire fiber footprint. Frontier first announced its intention to bring multi-Gig speeds network-wide during its August 2021 Investor Day.
What’s the deal with 2 Gig?
2 Gig symmetrical speeds, powered by Frontier’s expansive fiber network, provide customers with connectivity at home to support all the technology in their lives. Fiber supplies the bandwidth households need to simultaneously run multiple connected devices at their fastest possible speeds.
Frontier Fiber 2 Gig internet delivers blazing fast speeds and unmatched reliability, meaning:
- 2.5x less latency than cable for better gaming, video conferencing, and more
- Up to 50x faster upload speed than cable
- Just 2 min to download 10GB Fortnite game on PC (30Gb)
- <90 sec to download a Game of Thrones episode in Blu-ray with Dolby Audio (22 Gb)
- 4 seconds to download Adobe Photoshop app on PC (1Gb)
- Real-time viewing for 1Tb photo library
- 99.99% network reliability
Why do customers need it?
Every day, customers are connecting more technology to their homes. The average household in the Frontier footprint has 22 connected devices, which has more than doubled over the last few years1. This trend will continue as changes to the workplace are made permanent post-COVID, since more than half of employees prefer to continue work-from-home post pandemic. More connected devices in the home and long-term changes in education, healthcare, and the workplace will drive household broadband consumption, which has increased six-fold since 2015.
“The last two years have fundamentally shifted how we use the internet and what customers expect from their connectivity partner,” said John Harrobin, EVP of Consumer for Frontier. “Powered by thousands of miles of fiber, we are stepping up our game to bring unmatched 2 Gig speeds to our entire fiber footprint and change the way customers experience the internet at home.”
Is it easy to upgrade?
Yes! Frontier provides everything needed for a transformative, next-gen home Wi-Fi experience, including professional installation. 2 Gig services come with Frontier’s Total Home Wi-Fi Guarantee, so that no matter the size of your home, we have you covered.
Frontier’s 2 Gig router, equipped with the most advanced, ultrafast Wi-Fi 6e technology, unlocks lower latency to deliver an enhanced customer experience. The device and Wi-Fi extender are included with all 2 Gig internet packages at no extra charge.
The first 1,000 customers to order 2 Gig will receive a 43” Amazon Fire TV and Logitech Webcam, and all 2 Gig customers receive premium 24/7 tech support for as long as they remain a customer.
Where is it happening?
The 2 Gig product offering is available today across Frontier’s entire fiber footprint.
Frontier is celebrating the power of multi-Gig with a special Frontier Twosday pop-up store, today, 2.22.22, located on the iconic Abbot Kinney Blvd in Venice, Calif. At the event, Angelenos will experience firsthand how 2 Gig can enhance their daily connected lives.
Throughout the day, Frontier will showcase the power and function of 2 Gig via live workouts, entertaining, streaming and more. Frontier also understands your need for speed, as it has been recognized as the best ISP for gaming two years in a row, and the live Twitch gamers at the event will show you how it’s done.
Attendees will also leave with a product giveaway and a chance to win one high-ticket item to add to their connected home. To sweeten the deal, customers who sign up at the event and live in a Frontier fiber-supported area will receive two months of 2 Gig…for $2.
Frontier is a leading communications provider offering gigabit speeds to empower and connect millions of consumers and businesses in 25 states. It is building critical digital infrastructure across the country with its fiber-optic network and cloud-based solutions, enabling connections today and future proofing for tomorrow. Rallied around its purpose of Building Gigabit AmericaTM, the company is focused on supporting a digital society, closing the digital divide, and working toward a more sustainable environment. Frontier is preparing today for a better tomorrow. Visit www.frontier.com.
1Source: Frontier customer market research.