DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Australia Clear Aligner Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Age (Adults, Teenage), By End Use (Hospitals, Stand-alone Practices, Group Practices), By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Australia clear aligners market size is expected to reach USD 534.3 million by 2028 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 28.7% from 2021 to 2028.
Clear aligners are invisible and discreet braces developed from thermoformed materials like copolyester or polycarbonate plastic and CAD 3D printing technology, acting as an alternative to traditional braces. According to the FDA, the clear aligner system helps in positioning the teeth through continuous gentle force and is developed to treat mild to moderate malocclusions.
According to Orthodontics Australia, around 55.0% of the Australian population feels self-conscious about their teeth. It also states that around 62.0% of Australians are willing to fix their misaligned teeth. Additionally, around 3,00,000 individuals in Australia have braces and more than a quarter of them are above the age of 19, according to Wilkins Orthodontics.
This can prove to be a significant driver for the growth of the market in the country as people are readily adopting a lower cost, comfortable, and aesthetically appealing alternative to traditional metal braces.
Technological advancements and the growing demand for customized invisible braces are significant factors responsible for market growth. Companies like Align Technology and DynaFlex are constantly bringing in newer computer-aided technology in the market. According to Australian News, around 40,000 Australians use clear aligner therapy for teeth straightening annually, and 10% to 15% of Australian dentists use CAD/CAM technology for dental treatments.
The advent of COVID-19 has impacted the overall dental industry and the market for clear aligners. However, during the pandemic, the sales of direct-to-consumer invisible braces witnessed a surge as it involves minimal clinical oversight and does not require patients to visit a dental office.
Moreover, as a step to assist doctors and stimulate their doctor-directed aligner products demand, in 2020, Align Technology did not implement annual price increases on various invisible braces.
Australia Clear Aligners Market Report Highlights
- The teenage segment held a significant share in the market in 2020, as teenagers are increasingly opting for invisible braces because of their inconspicuous characteristics and comfort
- The group practices segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 as they are readily adopting invisible braces and are highly equipped with advanced digital technologies
- The offline distribution segment held the highest revenue share in 2020, as the doctor directed clear aligner systems are still highly recommended by Dental Associations and also offer clinical oversight
- The online distribution segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR over the forecast period
Clear Aligners Market: Variables, Trends, & Scope
Market Driver Analysis
- Rapidly growing incidence of malocclusion
- Rapid technological advancements in dental health
- Growing demand for customized aligners
Market Restraint Analysis
- High cost of clear aligners
Market Lineage Outlook
- Parent market outlook
- Related/ancillary market outlook
- Dental 3D Printing Market
- Dental Implant Market
Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- Align Technology, Inc.
- SmileDirectClub. Inc
- EZ SMILE Pty Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nhkehc