AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Keller Williams (“KW”), the world’s largest real estate technology franchise by agent count and the U.S. leader in units and sales volume, reports Q2 ’21 results, having achieved significant growth and technology milestones, and topped franchise and corporate culture rankings.
“In Q2, we outperformed the market and have achieved substantial worldwide production and agent count gains in the face of dramatic market pressures,” said Carl Liebert, CEO of kwx, the holding company of KW. “And, we’re excited to welcome more than 4,000 agents to our family this past quarter.”
“More than ever, we want to thank and recognize our agents and partners for diligently bringing their very best when their clients needed it most,” said Liebert. “It’s our honor to be in business with them.”
Keller Williams is home to 171,269 agents in the United States and Canada and 13,385 agents operating outside of the United States and Canada, for a total of 184,654 agents worldwide, as of June 30.
In Q2 ’21 alone, KW added 4,277 net agents across the U.S. and worldwide regions.
“The credit for another impressive quarter of growth belongs to our agents,” said Marc King, president, Keller Williams. “They have remained steadfast in their commitment to provide the best experience for buyers and sellers in the midst of an extremely competitive market.”
“And, as a company built by agents, for agents, we wake up every day asking ourselves how we can best support them,” said King.
Corporate and Industry Highlights
- In Q2 ’21, Command, a smart CRM-plus solution made available originally in Q1 ’19, hit 104.5 thousand monthly active users (MAU), as of June 30, an increase of 11.0% from Q1 ’21 quarter end.
- As of June 30, the Campaigns App of Command, a smart ad campaign creation and syndication tool, in Q2 ’21 generated a cumulative 418.6 thousand leads across Facebook and Instagram.
- As of June 30, average cost per lead (ACPL) for KW agents inside Command was $2.61 in the U.S. and Canada across social media platforms. ACPL for Facebook was $2.51.
- As of June 30, agents have run a cumulative 56.7 million SmartPlans, the automated marketing and task management app with Command, since launch. SmartPlans in flight represent a twofold increase since the end of Q2 ’20.
- In April, Forbes featured KW on its annual list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2021.
- In April, LinkedIn ranked KW no. 20 on its annual 50 Best Workplaces to Grow Your Career list.
- In May, Forbes ranked KW no. 67 in its ranking of the top 250 Best Employers for New Grads.
- In June, RealTrends ranked 88 KW top real estate teams and agents in the 2021 RealTrends’ “The Thousand” list.
"A signature achievement, we’re excited to report that Command now has more than 104,000 active users a month,” said Chris Cox, chief technology and digital officer, kwx.
“And we see engagement only increasing as we continue to innovate in partnership with our agents on experiences that matter most, bringing insights, ease, and increased productivity to their business operations,” said Cox.
United States and Canada (production in Q2 ’21)
- As of June 30, agents closed 367,248 transactions, up 35.0% over Q2 ’20.
- Agents closed $145.3 billion in sales volume, up 70.3% over Q2 ’20.
- Agents took 214,492 new listings (new market inventory), up 20.7% over Q2 ’20.
- Agents wrote 404,942 contracts (projected closings), up 28.5% over Q2 ’20.
- Contracts written volume was $160.9 billion, up 62.0% over Q2 ’20.
“This hypercompetitive market is no match for our agents,” said Jason Abrams, head of industry, kwx. “Quarter after quarter, our percentage increases in closed transactions and sales volume continue to outpace our industry.”
According to the National Association of REALTORS®, closed transactions across the U.S. were up 32.2% and sales volume was up 52.5% over Q2 ’20.
Keller Williams Worldwide Momentum (production outside the U.S. and Canada in Q2 ’21)
- As of June 30, agent count outside the U.S. and Canada was 13,385, up 24.4% from Q2 ’20.
- Agents closed 15,141 transactions in Q2 ’21, up 149.4% over Q2 ’20.
- Agents closed $2.9 billion in sales volume, up 214.2% from Q2 ’20.
- Agents took 28,238 new listings (new market inventory), up 47.0% over Q2 ’20.
- Agents wrote 17,281 contracts (projected closings), up 114.4% over Q2 ’20.
- Contracts written volume was $2.5 billion, up 193.7% over Q2 ’20.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, KWW’s regions include: Albania; Argentina; Aruba; Belgium; Belize; Bermuda; Cambodia; Chile; Colombia; Costa Rica; Czech Republic; Dominican Republic; Dubai, UAE; France; Greater Shanghai, China; Greece; Honduras; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Jamaica; Japan; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Mexico; Monaco; Mongolia; Morocco; Nicaragua; Northern Cyprus; Panama; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Romania; Serbia; Slovenia; Southern Africa; Southern Cyprus; Spain; Thailand; Trinidad and Tobago; Turkey; Turks and Caicos; United Kingdom; Uruguay; and Vietnam.
About Keller Williams
Austin, Texas-based Keller Williams, the world’s largest real estate technology franchise by agent count, has more than 1,080 offices and 195,000 associates. The franchise is also No. 1 in units and sales volume in the United States. kwx is the holding company of Keller Williams.
In 2020, Keller Williams initially began the formation of kwx, composed of Keller Williams, Keller Williams Worldwide, Keller Offers and Keller Home Financial Services, consisting of Keller Mortgage and Keller Covered.
Since 1983, the company has cultivated an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. For more information, visit kwx.kw.com.