DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Solar Street Lighting - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Fresh from the COVID-19 Experience, the World Will Step Up Environmental Governance & Building Energy Efficient Cities Will be the Starting Point. Solar Street Lighting to Reach US$ 14 Billion.
The growth will be led by the confluence of several favorable factors like the shift towards clean energy, government initiatives and massive adoption of these systems. Solar street lighting systems rely on solar photovoltaic panels for capturing and storing solar energy, and are widely considered for outdoor lighting.
Ambitious programs to promote sustainable development and curtail greenhouse gas emissions coupled with government subsidies and focus on clean power are stimulating the market growth. The pressing need to lower energy consumption and large-scale installation of solar street lighting systems by residential and commercial users are encouraging market growth.
The adoption of these systems is favored by declining costs of solar panels and batteries, stringent regulations and environmental concerns. In addition to targeting integration of renewable energy into the grid, various countries are betting on solar street lighting to serve remote areas that are difficult to be covered by traditional options. These systems are garnering significant attention owing to their extended service life, ecological operations, high energy efficiency and low emissions.
Emerging economies in Asia-Pacific and Africa are making serious efforts to tap solar energy and pushing solar networks. Increasing investment in advanced infrastructure such as highways and roads to accommodate rising vehicular traffic is expected to present lucrative opportunities to market participants.
Declining costs of solar lighting systems have made them an attractive alternative to conventional options that are known for heavy carbon footprint along with expensive operating and maintenance costs. In addition, lighting accounts for 19% of global energy and 25-30% of household energy consumption.
Standalone solar street lighting systems are predicted to register the fastest growth rate. Rather than using grid supply, these systems rely on batteries for storage of solar energy, and offer a cost-effective solution for solar street lighting. Standalone solar street lightning offers a suitable option for areas that are not served by power grid. These systems are capable of storing and collecting solar energy that is converted into electricity as per the requirement. These benefits establish standalone systems an appropriate solution to remote areas.
The segment is likely to gain from increasing adoption across off-grid locations and high cost of conventional street lighting infrastructure. Developing countries, including Bangladesh, Indonesia, Tanzania, India, Cambodia, Kenya, and Ethiopia, are increasingly investing in standalone systems.
Select Competitors (Total 69 Featured):
- Acuity Brands, Inc.
- Bajaj Electricals Ltd.
- Bridgelux, Inc.
- Cooper Lighting, LLC
- Dragons Breath Solar Ltd.
- Jiangsu SOKOYO Solar Lighting Co., Ltd.
- Signify Holding BV
- Solektra International
- Sunna Design SA
- Urja Global Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- COVID-19 Pandemic Chokes Supply from China
- With COVID-19 Pandemic Crushing the Sentiment in the World Construction Sector, Solar Street Lighting Market Set to Exhibit Substantial Decline in 2020
- A Prelude to Solar Street Lighting Market
- Global Solar Street Lighting Market to Move Ahead at Lightning Speed Post COVID-19
- LED Remains at the Forefront of Solar Street Lighting Revolution
- Residential Application Segment Leads the Smart Street Lighting Market
- Asia-Pacific Market for Solar Street Lighting to Witness Fastest Growth
- Europe and the US to Present Lucrative Growth Opportunities
- Market Players Gain from New Solar Street Lighting Contracts
- Emerging Trends Warranting Attention from Solar Street Lighting Vendors
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
- Recent Market Activity
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Sustained Rise in Global Electricity Demand Creates Conducive Scenario for Wider Uptake of Solar Street Lighting
- Solar Street Lighting Market Stands to Gain from Growing Focus on Renewable Energy Sources amidst Rising Concerns over Fossil Fuel Usage
- Solar Energy Emerges as a Reliable Renewable
- Government Participation in Boosting Solar Energy Uptake Elevates Momentum in Solar Street Lighting Market
- Domestic Targets for Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Select Regions/Countries
- Future Prospects Remain Favorable Amid Growing Population & Urbanization Drive
- Continued Rise in Vehicular Traffic to Drive the Demand for Smart Street Lighting
- Increasing Number of Smart Cities to Drive the Growth of Solar Street Lighting
- Appealing Benefits & Influx of New Solutions Enable Smart Solar Street Lighting to Post Impressive Gains
- Technological Advancements Crucial to Sustain Market Growth
- Technological Advancements in Solar LED Street Lights
- IoT Adoption Encourages the Spread of Smart Solar Street Light
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- GEOGRAPHIC MARKET ANALYSIS
- UNITED STATES
- UNITED KINGDOM
- REST OF EUROPE
- SOUTH KOREA
- REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC
- LATIN AMERICA
- REST OF LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- SAUDI ARABIA
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- REST OF MIDDLE EAST
- Total Companies Profiled: 119
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/k13cd4