LITTLE ROCK, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kinetic by Windstream, a long-trusted community partner for high-speed internet, is eager to make broadband more affordable for eligible customers through the Federal Communication Commission’s Emergency Broadband Benefit program. The program begins May 12.
“We tell our customers that they can count on Kinetic, and we have been working for months to prepare to implement the Emergency Broadband Program as soon as the FCC was ready,” said Jeff Auman, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Kinetic. “We are excited to make this benefit available to every eligible customer in our 18-state footprint. Many in the communities we serve are facing unique financial challenges right now, and we are proud to use public-private partnerships to help people get and stay connected to what’s important.”
Customers can sign up for the temporary credits at gokinetic.com beginning May 12.
Eligible customers will receive:
- bill credit of up to $50 per month towards broadband service;
- bill credit of $75 per month for qualifying Tribal lands, and
- up to a $100 per household discount toward a one-time purchase of a tablet. That means, with EBB, qualified customers can purchase a tablet through Kinetic for $20.
The FCC’s $3.2 billion program is intended to help U.S. households that are struggling to pay for internet service during the pandemic. With this new benefit, eligible households can get or stay connected in order to work remotely or find jobs, access critical healthcare services, and keep students connected to the classroom.
To be eligible, customers must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have an income that is at or below 135 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid or the FCC’s Lifeline program (this benefit may be received in addition to a wireless benefit);
- Be approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Have experienced a substantial loss of income through job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers;
- Have received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year, or
- Meet the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Kinetic by Windstream is a business unit of Windstream Holdings, a privately held communications and software company. Kinetic provides premium broadband, entertainment and security services through an enhanced fiber network and 5G fixed wireless service to consumers and businesses primarily in rural areas in 18 states. The company also offers managed communications services, including SD-WAN and UCaaS, and high-capacity bandwidth and transport services to businesses across the U.S. Additional information is available at GoKinetic.com. Follow us on Twitter at @GoKineticHome.