LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--inHealth Lifestyle Therapeutics, a digital lifestyle medicine company, today announced that the Lifestyle Therapeutics™ Coaching Academy (LTCA) – critical to the training and development of the next generation of health coaches for lifestyle modification – is actively enrolling for its Spring 2021 program, running May 3 to October 4. As health coaches take on increasing importance in care delivery, so too is the need to standardize health coaching training. Despite its relevance, there is currently no widely accepted standard for health coaching. The mission of the LTCA is to improve the standard of care by preparing potential health coaches to become a new breed of clinicians, called clinical health coaches, and meet the growing demand for high-quality health coaching.
Unlike other health coaches, clinical health coaches are trained to provide health coaching services that are clinically proven and prescribed by a provider, with the opportunity to be reimbursed by insurance.
“Lifestyle impacts 50 percent of a person’s overall health – more than medical care, genetics and environment. Increasingly, providers recognize that effective lifestyle intervention and modification requires a new breed of ancillary clinicians trained to coach patients alongside existing care plans,” said Dr. Michelle Alencar, Co-Founder and Chief Science Officer, inHealth. “To meet this demand, we must create a strong supply of clinically trained, board-certified and telehealth-ready coaches. We are thrilled to open enrollment in our second cohort of the LTCA and build toward a future in which every patient with a diagnosed lifestyle disease receives the highest quality coaching and medical care they need.”
Some of the benefits of enrolling in the Lifestyle Therapeutics™ Coaching Academy:
- Become a Certified Lifestyle Therapeutics™ Coach, expert in clinically proven and proprietary Lifestyle Therapy Coaching and Clinical Methods.
- Prepare for board-certification by the National Board of Health and Wellness Coaches (NBHWC) by receiving evidence-based training directly relevant to the NBHWC-Certifying exam.
- Apply new skills to chronic disease management and develop a deeper understanding of coaching concepts and skills for patients with multiple co-morbidities, such as obesity plus diabetes or hypertension.
- Develop and sharpen the skills necessary to become a clinical health coach, including one-on-one faculty support, small group practice sessions, training on motivational interviewing techniques and other evidence-based coaching techniques, and telehealth or virtual care delivery readiness.
- Complete the program from the convenience of home, with everything conducted online.
- Gain employment immediately following the program. Academy graduates are eligible to apply for an internship with inHealth and this internship helps fulfill requirements toward the NBHWC-Certifying exam. Based on performance, inHealth will evaluate interns for future coaching employment.
As recent LTCA graduate and now Certified Lifestyle Therapeutics Coach Kelly Johnson states:
"The Lifestyle Therapeutics Coaching Academy helped me grow both personally and professionally. The flexibility of the training and the way the material was presented made the online learning experience enjoyable and seamless. The live classes allowed me to learn various health coaching techniques that I could then immediately practice in the breakout sessions, which helped me to enhance my coaching craft. The LTCA is a cutting-edge, evidence-based curriculum that has prepared me for the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching certification exam."
Enrollment for the Spring program is now open and closes March 26, with accepted applicants being notified sometime in April.
For more information on the LTCA, including deadlines, pricing and application, please visit www.inhealthonline.com/lifestyle-therapeutics-coaching-academy.
About inHealth Lifestyle Therapeutics
inHealth is a Lifestyle Therapeutics company with a vision to turn lifestyle into medicine by delivering a better standard of care, supported by a new breed of clinicians, that empowers people to unlock their own potential to prevent or reverse lifestyle diseases. Our clinically validated, virtual services are scientifically proven to generate long-term patient outcomes and are delivered by trained, clinical health coaches. Lifestyle Therapeutics can be prescribed by providers, covered by insurance, and delivered through our partnerships with providers and partners. Like our services, we are a virtual company with team members all over the U.S., and we are hiring. To learn more, visit www.inhealthonline.com.