DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Scale-Out NAS Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The scale-out NAS market was valued at USD 16.2 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 21% during the forecast period of 2021 - 2026.
- Dell EMC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Nasuni Corporation
- NetApp, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Panasas Inc.
- Pure Storage Inc.
- Scality, Inc.
- Nexenta Systems, Inc.
- Quantum Corporation
- Tintri by DDN
Key Market Trends
Cloud Deployment Holds the Significant Share in The Market
- Enterprises persistently struggle to stay ahead of a growing need for data storage, especially unstructured data. Scale-out NAS systems are an increasingly important tool in this battle. Among scale-out products from the big five storage vendors, hardware offerings are the cornerstone with the use of the cloud.
- For instance, top vendor Dell, offer Dell EMC's scale-out NAS systems supporting CloudPools. This is the supplier's cloud tiering system, which supports private clouds on Isilon or Dell EMC ECS, as well as Dell EMC's own Virtustream, AWS S3, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
- Various firms are innovating a new solution to easily integrate with the cloud platform. For instance, in Oct 2019, Cohesity revealed Cohesity SmartFiles, an intelligent NAS solution designed for web-scale, that goes beyond traditional scale-out NAS (network-attached storage) capabilities. It delivers transparent data tiering both on-premises and to the cloud. With SmartFiles, it is simple to create an automated policy to tier select data from an existing NetApp, Isilon, Pure Storage device or any other storage system to SmartFiles, as well as to archive even colder data to the cloud. This initiative approach is the way that storage needs to evolve to support today's increasingly complex, multi-cloud data management requirements.
- Many times customers have been forced to choose between capacity versus entry point, performance versus price, or scale versus incremental cost, especially in small/medium-scale businesses. Companies are constantly improving and enhancing its software to deliver more performance and capacity per dollar for its customers across industries.
- For instance, in April 2019, Qumulo introduced a new hybrid storage platform, and advanced file system features that accelerate momentum in Media and Entertainment Storage Market. The introduction of C-72T delivers a 200 percent increase in reading performance over previous entry-level nodes and a 300 percent increase in storage density over a previous high-performance hybrid node. It expands support for legacy scale-out NAS While enabling powerful hybrid cloud capabilities.
North America to Hold Highest Share in the Market
- North America grasps the largest market share due to its early adoption of advanced analytics solutions involving huge data storage requirements. According to Forbes, 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics. Moreover, usage of digital solutions in sectors such as professional services and manufacturing sector has resulted in the generation of significant amounts of unstructured data.
- The presence of market incumbents, such as Dell EMC, IBM Corporation, HP Development Company, and Seagate Technology, in the storage segment, is another factor that is expected to promote the growth of the scale-out NAS market. Moreover, many other companies are expanding their distribution in North America region.
- For instance, StorONE, which offers low-cost storage and works with any protocol or use case especially with scale-out NAS, came to market initially through a limited channel and is now broadening out further with more distribution channel. On April 2019, StorONE announced that it is now expanding with a distribution deal with Tech Data, which will see StorONE products available through Tech Data first in North America, and eventually, globally.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Rising Need for High Throughput Rate, Increased I/O Capacity, and Low Latency
4.3.2 Growth of Advanced Parallel Storage Platforms Due to Big Data Analytics
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Higher Utility Cost With Substantial Licensing Fees
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Deployment
5.2 By Organization Size
5.2.1 Large Enterprises
5.2.2 Small & Medium Enterprises
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.3 IT & Telecom
5.3.5 Media and Entertainment
5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cpp8y7