BETHESDA, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GrammaTech, a leading provider of application security testing products and software research services, today announced record business results for 2020 due to accelerating adoption of its CodeSonar® SAST product, demand for its new CodeSentry™ SCA product, and continued growth in its government research division. The company added more than 50 new global product customers for its Application Security Testing (AST) products and won nine major research contracts.
“Despite the economic impact of the pandemic, GrammaTech’s business performance continued to trend upwards in 2020,” said Mike Dager, CEO of GrammaTech. “Our application security testing product continued to make inroads against incumbent vendors and our research organization won several big contracts as we expanded into new areas such as artificial intelligence (AI). Meanwhile, our new software composition analysis tool is already being evaluated by Fortune 500 customers.”
GrammaTech Business Highlights
- Added more than 50 new global customers for the CodeSonar® SAST product
- Increased distribution network and reach in Europe with the addition of a UK subsidiary to support pan-European customers and two new distributors in Spain
- Named Platinum Award Winner for Best Application Security Testing in 2020 ASTORS Homeland Security Awards and finalist for Best DevSecOps solution in 2020 Computing Security Excellence Awards
- Appointed Andrew Meyer Chief Marketing Officer and Michael Kelley Chief Financial Officer
- Announced a $13 million contract with DARPA to research the use of AI and ML techniques for automating the design, testing and implementation of software applications. The contributions made by GrammaTech will be made available as part of an open-source project called Mnemosyne.
- Introduced CodeSentry™, which performs binary-based software composition analysis (SCA) using machine learning technology without the need for source code.
- Acquired JuliaSoft S.r.l. to extend CodeSonar® with automated code analysis for Java and C# code.
- Released SWAP Detector, an open source static analysis tool which applies Big Data analysis techniques to the Fedora RPM open-source repository to baseline correct API usage.
- Launched two major releases of CodeSonar® which expanded support for MISRA-C, MISRA-C++, and DevSecOps implementations
- CodeSonar® Selected by the Joint Federated Assurance Center (JFAC) to Improve Confidence in Department of Defense Applications
- Received a $7.6 million, four-year contract from Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) as part of the Automated Rapid Certification of Software (ARCOS) program focused on generating evidence and assurance cases for a broad range of certification and/or accreditation standards.
- Released a tool to support SARIF-based integration of static analysis results with GitHub
GrammaTech is a leading global provider of software analysis and testing solutions used by the world's most security conscious organizations to detect, measure, analyze and resolve security and safety vulnerabilities. The company is also a trusted cybersecurity research partner for the nation’s civil, defense, and intelligence communities. GrammaTech has corporate headquarters in Bethesda MD with a Research and Development Center in Ithaca NY. Visit us at https://www.grammatech.com/, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
CodeSonar® and CodeSentry are registered trademarks of GrammaTech, Inc.