SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For the fourth time in a row, Cohesity today announced it has been named a Customers’ Choice in the Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions report.
In 2020, Gartner expanded the Peer Insights Customers’ Choice recognition to 11 category distinctions, including company-size segments, deployment regions, and industries. Cohesity was the only vendor to be recognized as Customers’ Choice in the following category distinctions:
- Global Enterprises ($10 billion-plus USD revenues)
- Large Enterprises ($1 billion-$10 billion USD revenues)
- Midsize Enterprises ($50 million - $1 billion USD revenues)
- North America
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)
- Asia Pacific
- Public Sector/Government/Education
Cohesity is also proud to be the only Customers’ Choice vendor recognized in the following category distinctions: Global Enterprises, Healthcare, and Services industries. Additionally, Cohesity is the only Customers’ Choice vendor to be recognized in all three regions: North America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific.
In order to be recognized for Customers’ Choice across such a wide array of category distinctions, Gartner Peer Insights requires a minimum of 25 validated customer reviews and an average rating from customers that is equal to or higher than the average rating across all vendors listed for any given category distinction. Cohesity received more reviews than any other vendor, topping well over 200 worldwide.
"We are honored to be the only company recognized in 10 out of 11 category distinctions and we believe this speaks to the unique value, differentiation, and innovation we provide to customers, across industries, segments and geographic regions," said Lynn Lucas, chief marketing officer, Cohesity. "During the global pandemic when many others are pulling back, we have continued to focus on investing in service, support, and expanding our solutions portfolio -- including new offerings that help customers radically simplify data management, protect their data, and derive a competitive business advantage in a hybrid-cloud era.”
Firsthand Commentary from Customers:
Cohesity customers shared both positive and supportive comments on the company and its offerings, illustrating the following: how easy it is to use, its simplicity and efficiency in managing backups, the versatility to manage backups both on-premises and in the cloud, its innovative security/anti-ransomware technology, and exceptional customer support. Below are verbatim comments from a sampling of Cohesity customers.
- “Cohesity nativity & easily plugs into AWS services like S3 and Glacier.” - Systems Engineer, 10/29/20
- “A modern data management platform with low operational overhead that’s easy to use.” - Sr Infrastructure Architect, 10/27/20
- “Cohesity is a versatile data protection solution for on-premises or cloud.” - Network and Security Manager, 10/29/20
- “Cohesity - Easy, Flexible, and Efficient DR/BU especially for as-a-service models.” - SVP in the Government Industry, 10/17/20
- “Best suitable product for multi cloud to manage from (a) single portal.” - Sr Manager in the Communications Industry, 10/16/20
- “Innovative technology with exceptional support.” - Lead Technical Architect, 10/12/20
- “Cohesity makes hybrid cloud storage and backups incredibly simple and efficient to manage.” - Director, IT Global Infrastructure, 10/7/20
- “Cohesity - Easy To Implement, Even Easier to Manage.” - Lead Storage Administrator, 6/23/20
- “The ransom protection and detection feature is another innovative feature that is unique as compared to others as it lets us scan the backup files for ransomware.” - Director, Media, 01/28/20
To read more customer reviews, please visit the Gartner Peer Insights page for Cohesity.
To learn more about the Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions report, please click here.
About Gartner Peer Insights
Gartner Peer Insights is an online platform of ratings and reviews of IT software and services that are written and read by IT professionals and technology decision-makers. The goal is to help IT leaders make more insightful purchase decisions and help technology providers improve their products by receiving objective, unbiased feedback from their customers. Gartner Peer Insights includes more than 350,000 verified reviews in more than 340 markets. For more information, please visit www.gartner.com/reviews/home.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers' Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Cohesity ushers in a new era in data management that solves a critical challenge facing businesses today: mass data fragmentation. The vast majority of enterprise data — backups, archives, file shares, object stores, and data used for dev/test and analytics — sits in fragmented infrastructure silos that make it hard to protect, expensive to manage, and difficult to analyze. Cohesity consolidates silos onto one web-scale platform, spanning on-premises, cloud, and the edge, and uniquely empowers organizations to run apps on that platform — making it easier than ever to back up and extract insights from data. Cohesity is a 2019 CNBC Disruptor and was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. Visit our website and blog, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn and like us on Facebook.
Cohesity, the Cohesity logo, SnapTree, SpanFS, DataPlatform, DataProtect, Helios, and other Cohesity marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cohesity, Inc. in the US and/or internationally. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.