DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Rhamnolipids Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The rhamnolipids market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
A major factor driving the market studied is growing demand of rhamnolipids from surfactants. On the flip side, high manufacturing cost of rhamnolipids and unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are hindering the growth of the market.
- Growing demand of bio-surfactants in oil and gas sector is forecasted to offer various opportunities for the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- Rhamnolipids from surfactant application is expected to dominate the market studied over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand of Rhamnolipids from Surfactants
- Rhamnolipids are a class of glycolipid delivered by Pseudomonas aeruginosa, among different life forms, habitually refered to as the best described of the bacterial surfactants.
- Rhamnolipids can be widely applied to many industrial fields such as petroleum, bioremediation, agriculture, cosmetics, food processing and pharmaceuticals because of their excellent surface activities and biological activities.
- Additionally, rhamnolipids can be used in manufacturing fine chemicals and surface coatings, as food additives and as biological control agents.
- The rapid growth of the agricultural chemicals due to growing population and declining arable land, in order to feed the resultant population is further expected to push the demand for rhamnolipids made bio-surfactants in the coming years.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the application of rhamnolipids from surfactant is likely to dominate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for rhamnolipids during the forecast period. The rising demand of rhamnolipids from surfactant and growing application in oil and gas sector in developing countries like China, Japan and India is expected to drive the demand for rhamnolipids in this region.
- The largest producers of rhamnolipids are located in Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of penoxsulam are Evonik Industries AG, Jeneil Jeneil, GlycoSurf, LLC, AGAE Technologies, LLC and Biotensidon GmbH among others.
- China was the largest consumer of bio-surfactants and the country is likely to continue its dominance over the coming years.
- India is one of the largest producers of surfactant made soaps in the world. The per capita consumption of toilet/bathing soap in the country is around 800 grams.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the market for rhamnolipids in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow significantly during the study period.
The global rhamnolipids market is partially consolidated in nature with only few major players dominating the market. Some of the major companies are Evonik Industries AG, Jeneil Jeneil, GlycoSurf, LLC, AGAE Technologies, LLC and Biotensidon GmbH among others.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand of Rhamnolipids from Surfactants
4.2.1 High Manufacturing Cost of Rhamnolipids
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AGAE Technologies, LLC
6.4.2 Allied Carbon Solutions Co.,Ltd.
6.4.3 Biotensidon GmbH
6.4.4 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.5 GlycoSurf, LLC
6.4.8 Lion Corporation
6.4.9 LOGOS TECHNOLOGIES
6.4.10 Paradigm Biomedical, Inc
6.4.11 Rhamnolipid, Inc.
6.4.12 Tee Gene Biotech
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand of Bio-surfactants in Oil and Gas Sector
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gjtgig