OXFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wilson Language Training has developed new resources for one of its foundational skills programs, Fundations®, a prevention and early intervention structured literacy program for Grades K-3. To further support teachers, schools, and districts implementing the Fundations program both remotely and in the classroom, Wilson has launched the Fundations Virtual Resource Hub (FUN HUB™). This extensive online resource is being offered as a complementary site to support districts during the 2020-2021 school year.
Wilson’s FUN HUB supports critical foundational literacy skills instruction no matter the setting. The following features develop and support the understanding of Fundations instruction and promote continued student learning in blended and online settings:
- Teacher Guidance: FUN HUB resources will include teacher guidance and ideas for supporting Fundations remotely or in a blended model.
- Videos for Introducing New Concepts: Powerful new video demonstrations by Wilson Literacy Specialists will enable teachers to introduce, preview, and review concepts with students, while serving as models that other teachers can watch and use to expand their Fundations classroom practice.
- Home Support: A brief video for each unit may be sent home to families to support children’s learning outside the classroom. Outside of the FUN HUB, Wilson is offering Fundations Home Support Packs. These low-tech and inexpensive solutions allow students to have a set of mock-up manipulatives at home.
- Targeted/Intervention Support: Many students will benefit from additional support and struggling students need targeted assistance. Wilson Literacy Specialists’ recorded video lessons for each week are available and may be facilitated for small group practice.
- The InterActivities Tool: An interactive teaching tool allows teachers to use the multisensory program materials in a remote environment. Tools like Sound Cards, sentence, syllable, and suffix frames, and other key visuals are key to demonstrating foundational skills.
“Our country’s educators are doing all they can do to navigate the upcoming school year. For our Fundations teachers, they have the added challenge of supporting our youngest learners in remote and hybrid models,” said Wilson Language Training co-founder and author Barbara Wilson. “With the FUN HUB, we set a goal to provide teachers with tools, supportive instructional videos, and resources to ease the stress of preparing for remote delivery, so that they can continue to effectively focus on teaching critical reading and spelling skills. We also aimed to support caregivers with instructional videos, as the home support is pivotal in the current remote learning environment.”
Wilson has always provided opportunities for educators to connect with fellow teachers and seek additional support. Educators may still access expert tips, discussion boards with fellow educators, print resources, and more through the Wilson Academy Learning Community for Fundations, a complimentary companion resource to Fundations.
Schools and districts who are Fundations customers and are implementing the program will receive complementary access to the FUN HUB for the 2020-2021 school year. To learn more, visit https://bit.ly/3gwBCRW.
About Wilson Language Training®
Since 1988, Wilson Language Training (WLT) has provided comprehensive, multisensory structured literacy instruction and ongoing support to literacy educators across the U.S. Its explicit programs, the Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, and Just Words®, are aligned with Multi-tiered System of Supports (MTSS) and Response to Intervention (RtI) frameworks. Approximately 230,000 educators have participated in Wilson courses and workshops, and more than 25,000 have completed Level I Certification training in the Wilson Reading System, which is based on Orton-Gillingham principles of instruction and accredited by the International Dyslexia Association (IDA).