DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Implications and Growth" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global sterilization equipment and disinfectants market.
The global sterilization equipment and disinfectants market is expected to grow from $7.14 billion in 2019 to 8.05 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7%. The remarkable growth is mainly due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the measures to contain it. Coronavirus infection in most instances is transmitted through respiratory droplets and through contact with contaminated surfaces/objects.
The virus gets easily inactivated by chemical disinfectants and sterilization of medical equipment prior to use. While sterilization is commonly used in healthcare settings, disinfectants are currently being widely used by the general public worldwide. The market is then expected to stabilize and reach $9.85 billion in 2023 at a CAGR of 6.95%.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 12+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
North America was the largest region in the sterilization equipment and disinfectants market in 2019. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the forecast period.
Sustainable solutions such as repeat sterilization of medical equipment including personal protective equipment are expected to boost the market during the forecast period. As there is a shortage in the supply of PPE to the hospitals offering services to COVID-19 patients, few companies have come up with repeat sterilization of used PPE like gowns and masks. In April 2020, San-I-Pak, a California based company that manufactures equipment for high-end waste treatment, has sterilization equipment that sterilizes used medical equipment like PPE including isolation gown, 3M safety glasses, several non-branded polycarbonate glasses and surgical masks.
Similarly, Battelle Memorial Institute, a non-profit research organization, is aiming at re-using the N95 respirator masks by sterilizing the N95 respirator masks as long as the masks are not made of cellulose. Battelle has been funded with $400 million by the Defense Logistics Agency under US HHS to provide decontamination of N95 across 60 sites of the USA. Following the scarcity of PPE, decontamination or sterilization of PPE rather than replacing this vital medical equipment is expected as a growth area.
The sterilization equipment and disinfectants market covered in this report is segmented by product type into sterilization equipment; disinfectants. It is also segmented by method into physical method; chemical method; mechanical method, and by end-user into hospitals and clinics; pharmaceutical companies; clinical laboratories.
In October 2019, Stryker, a US-based global manufacturer of medical technology acquired TSO3 Inc., a Canada-based company that encloses the research, development, licensing, production, maintenance and sale of sterilization products and accessories for heat-sensitive medical devices. This acquisition will provide the expertise and the financial resources to best help TSO3 achieve its full potential in sterilization technology for medical devices in healthcare settings.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market Characteristics
3. Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market Size And Growth
3.1. Global Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Historic Market, 2015 - 2019, $ Billion
3.1.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.1.2. Restraints On The Market
3.2. Global Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Forecast Market, 2019 - 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
3.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
3.2.2. Restraints On the Market
4. Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market Segmentation
4.1. Global Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market, Segmentation By Product Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
4.2. Global Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market, Segmentation By Method, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
4.3. Global Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market, Segmentation By End-user, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5. Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market Regional And Country Analysis
5.1. Global Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market, Split By Region, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
5.2. Global Sterilization Equipment and Disinfectants Market, Split By Country, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- 3M Company
- Cantel Medical Corporation
- STERIS Corporation
- Getinge AB
- TSO3 Inc.
- Matachana Group
- CISA production srl
- Advanced Sterilization Products
- SAKURA SI CO.
- Andersen Products Inc.
- Synergy Health plc
- Ethicon US LLC.
- BMT Medical Technology
- CareFusion Corporation
- Bio-Cide International Inc
- Diversey Inc
- MEIKO Maschinenbau GmbH & Co KG
- CS Medical LLC
- Swisher International Inc
- Tuttnauer Europe B.V
- HARTMANN GROUP (BODE Chemie GmbH)
- Nordion Inc
- MMM Group
- Sotera Health
- The Clorox Company
- Johnson & Johnson
- Procter & Gamble
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/o7v35w