DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Myelodysplastic Syndromes: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The greatest drivers of growth in the global Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) market include the launch of 10 new pipeline therapies during the forecast period and a growing number of incident cases in many 7MM countries due to an aging population.
The main barriers to growth in the MDS market include the launch of generics and biosimilars of major brands, including Vidaza (azacitidine), Revlimid (lenalidomide), and Aranesp (darbepoetin alfa), and the dominance of safe and effective generic and biosimilar products in the first-line setting for both LR-MDS and HR-MDS.
Among the late-stage pipeline products, KOLs were particularly enthusiastic about BMS's recently approved anti-anemia agent, Reblozyl (luspatercept) for the treatment of LR-MDS and Aprea Therapeutics' eprenetapopt plus azacitidine combination therapy for the treatment of TP53 mutant HR-MDS.
The most important unmet needs in the MDS disease space are the needs for novel therapeutics targeting difficult-to-treat patient groups including patients with HR-MDS and LR-MDS who fail the standard of care; LR-MDS patients with symptomatic neutropenia and thrombocytopenia; and more generally, HR-MDS patients, the majority of which are ineligible to safely receive HSCT, which is the only currently available curative therapy option.
With the launch of ten new pipeline agents expected between 2018 and 2028, the MDS competitive landscape is expected to undergo a significant transformation during the next decade
- What are the main R&D trends in the MDS market and which companies are leading the way?
- In what ways is clinical trial design for LR-MDS and HR-MDS changing and what aspects do KOLs believe should be addressed in the future?
- Are there major differences in the mechanisms of action used by therapies in late-stage versus early-stage clinical development?
- Despite the recent burst in pipeline development for MDS, KOLs interviewed by the publisher still noted a continued high level of unmet need for therapies targeting difficult-to-treat populations of patients.
- Which MDS patient populations have the greatest unmet need and why?
- How can the pharmaceutical industry address these needs?
- To what degree will the therapies under development fulfill these unmet needs?
- Overview of MDS including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Topline MDS market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting MDS therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global MDS therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Myelodysplastic Syndromes: Executive Summary
2.1 Moderate Growth Expected in MDS Market Between 2018 and 2028
2.2 Drug Developers Position Agents to Fill Key Vacancies in the Treatment Paradigms for Higher- and Lower-Risk MDS
2.3 Unmet Needs Persist in Difficult-to-Treat MDS Subgroups, Leaving Substantial Opportunity for Future Players
2.4 Current Late-Stage MDS Pipeline Offers a Range of New Options for Patients in the Front-Line and Later Treatment Settings
2.5 What Do Physicians Think?
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4.2 Clinical Presentation and Diagnosis
4.3.1 WHO Classification Criteria for MDS
4.3.2 IPSS-R Classification
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for MDS (2018-2028)
6 Current Treatment Options
7 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
8 R&D Strategies
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
- AbbVie Inc
- Acceleron Pharma Inc
- Agios Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Amgen Inc
- Aprea Therapeutics AB
- Astellas Pharma Inc
- Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc
- AstraZeneca Plc
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co
- Eisai Co Ltd
- FibroGen Inc
- Gamida Cell Ltd
- Genentech Inc
- Genzyme Corp
- Geron Corp
- Janssen-Cilag Ltd
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kyowa Kirin Co Ltd
- Nippon Shinyaku Co Ltd
- Novartis AG
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
- Onconova Therapeutics Inc
- SymBio Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Pfizer Inc
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9l6x0f
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.