This report looks at the idea of the climate-resilient city, the smart city, the smart space, intelligent waste systems, intelligent ground transport systems, and two of the most exciting and meaningful advanced materials out of which these cities will be built; smart and translucent concrete.
- In-depth analysis and an industry overview of the global smart cities market
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2018 and 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024.
- Discussion of technologies deployed for improving climate resiliency for buildings and/or cityscapes and their climate resilience related applications.
- Underlying the benefits of the intelligent waste management system (IWMS) and intelligent surface transport management system (ISTMS) within the futuristic smart space technologies, along with their market size and growth driving factors in developed and developing economies.
- Market share analysis of the smart city technologies with a breakdown of the global market by different technology types and application areas.
- The technological background of translucent concrete, its market opportunities and forecast of material consumption (both value and volumetric data) through 2028; and industry insights into major types of smart concrete and their market potential in North American region.
- Analytical depiction of key trends in global smart cities marketplace, and information pertaining to opportunities, historical context and technical challenges hindering the adoption of smart city solutions.
Venice is a useful historical example of a planned city, born out of necessity, and one whose inhabitants were forced to invent new systems and structures to fit a unique set of environmental circumstances. As such, Venice can be a useful framework to consider the situation the modern world is currently facing in how to change existing cities and build new ones.
A once land-based rural population centered on agriculture became a floating civilization focused on trade access and the sea. Wooden pilings were driven deep into the bog bottoms, followed by stone. Primary locomotion and transport ceased to be horses and carts and became boats and barges of all sizes. Avenues became canals, crossed with strategic bridges.
Today, advanced materials, technology, and systems are being used to create new ways of living in large numbers in urban settings. The traditional method of growing cities, namely sprawl, will no longer do. This report is an overview of some of the tools available, and a look at what is coming next as we build cities that are connected, smart, and made in new ways, out of brand new materials.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Introduction
- How Will We Live?
Chapter 2 Climate-Resilient Cities
- What Is Resilience?
- What Is a Climate-Resilient City?
- Climate Resilient Building Design and Planning: Technologies
- Building Cladding and Improved Insulation
- Resilient Windows
- Building Structural Upgrades
- Low Impact Development
- Improved Flood Management
- Urban Heat Island Management
- Water Recharge and Recycling
- Distributed Power Generation
- Distributed Power Storage
- Resilient Buildings
- Stormwater and Flooding
- Urban Microclimate Management
- Resilient Energy Supply
- Drought Resilience
Chapter 3 Smart Cities
- What is a Smart City?
- Historical Context for Smart Cities
- Smart Cities: Market Breakdown by Technology Type
Chapter 4 Smart Spaces
- Smart Space Market and Technology Breakdown
- Smart Space Applications
- Energy Management and Optimization
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Security Management
- Other Applications
- Smart Space Components
- Smart Space Applications by Type of Premises
Chapter 5 Intelligent Waste Management Systems
Chapter 6 Intelligent Ground Transport Systems
Chapter 7 Translucent Concrete
- Market Drivers and Forecast
- Opportunities in Translucent Concrete
- Opportunities and Challenges for Building Companies
- Opportunities for Concrete and Cement Producers
- Opportunities for Resin Suppliers and Optical Fiber Suppliers
Chapter 8 Smart Concrete
- What the Industry is Saying?
- Technology Background
- Self-Healing Concrete
- Flexible Concrete
- Heated Concrete
- Sensor-Based Smart Concrete
- Market Potential
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wy7dk0