DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Transport Services Global Market Report 2020-2030: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global transport services market is expected to decline from $6,176.9 billion in 2019 to $6,079.9 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.6%. The decline is mainly due to economic slowdown across countries owing to the COVID-19 outbreak and the measures to contain it. The market is then expected to recover and grow at a CAGR of 8% from 2021 and reach $7,518.4 billion in 2023.
Western Europe was the largest region in the global transport services market, accounting for 31% of the market in 2019. Asia-Pacific was the second largest region accounting for 29% of the global transport services market. Africa was the smallest region in the global transport services market.
User centric mobility services put transportation users in control and this meant that public transportation will become personal. It changes the approach to operations and planning based on user's preference, movements, data flows and response to disruption. Smartphones give users access to more travel options and real time status on par with any transportation services operator.
Ride sharing companies like BlaBlaCar enabled by digital technology are challenging and changing established business models and players. It is also clearly visible in the taxi industry where smartphone users can book a cab in advance and secure a fare of their choice using apps such as Uber, Lyft, Juno, Gett, Ola, GetAround, Carma Pooling App and Waze Carpool.
This report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider transport services market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the Covid 19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of Covid 19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
The transport services market section of the report gives context. It compares the transport services market with other segments of the transport services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, transport services indicators comparison.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Transportation Services Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Transportation Services Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Transportation Services Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Transportation Services Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Transportation Services Market Trends And Strategies
8. Transportation Services Market Size And Growth
8.1. Market Size
8.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.2.2. Restraints On The Market
8.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.3.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.3.2. Restraints On The Market
9. Transportation Services Market Regional Analysis
9.1. Global Transportation Services Market, 2019, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
9.2. Global Transportation Services Market, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Historic And Forecast, By Region
9.3. Global Transportation Services Market, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
10. Transportation Services Market Segmentation
10.1. Global Transportation Services Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Air Transportation
- General Transportation
- Pipeline Transportation
- Rail Transportation
- Transit And Ground Passenger Transportation
- Truck Transportation
- Warehousing And Storage
- Water Transportation
10.2. Global Transportation Services Market, Segmentation By Purpose, Historic and Forecast, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, $ Billion
- Commuter Travel
- Tourism And Leisure Travel
- Business Travel
- Cargo And Freight Travel
- Shipping And Delivery Travel
11. Transportation Services Market Segments
11.1. Global Air Transportation Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Passenger Air Transportation; Chartered Air Transportation; Air Cargo Services
11.2. Global General Transportation Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Sightseeing Transportation & Support Activities For Transportation; Couriers And Messengers; Postal Services
11.3. Global Pipeline Transportation Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Crude Oil Pipeline Transportation; Natural Gas Pipeline Transportation; Refined Petroleum Products Pipeline Transportation; Others - Pipeline Transportation
11.4. Global Rail Transportation Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Passenger Rail Transportation; Rail Freight
11.5. Global Transit And Ground Passenger Transportation Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Commuter Rail And Public Bus Services; Taxi And Limousine Services; School And Employee Bus Services; Charter Bus Services; Others - Transit And Ground Passenger Transportation
11.6. Global Truck Transportation Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - General Freight Trucking; Specialized Freight Trucking
11.7. Global Warehousing And Storage Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - General Warehousing And Storage; Refrigerated Warehousing And Storage; Specialized Warehousing And Storage; Farm Product Warehousing and Storage
11.8. Global Water Transportation Market, Segmentation By Type, 2015-2019, 2023F, 2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Deep Sea, Coastal, And Great Lakes; Inland Water Transportation
12. Transportation Services Market Metrics
12.1. Transportation Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, 2015-2023, Global
12.2. Per Capita Average Transportation Services Market Expenditure, 2015-2023, Global
- China National Railway Group
- United Parcel Service
- United States Postal Service
- Deutsche Post DHL Group
- FedEx Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pij68k