Soy Lecithin is the brownish yellow complex mixture of glycolipids, phospholipids, neutral lipids and sugars. The use of Soy to produce the lecithin is the highest as compare to the other sources of lecithin. The wide functional, nutritional and therapeutic properties of soy lecithin are used in variety of application. Soy Lecithin is mostly used as emulsifier in various industrial applications such as food, feed, paints, cosmetics, plastics, pharmaceutical and others. The wide and constantly increasing product category for Lecithin applications is a healthy sign for the budding demand of soy lecithin market.
Geographically Asia-Pacific dominated soy lecithin market in terms of production and consumption driven by higher demand into major end-use industries in the region. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America and Europe as second and third largest market for soy lecithin market. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to increasing demand into rapidly expanding end-use industrial base demanding higher consumption of soy lecithin especially into food & beverages industries.
This report identifies the global soy lecithin market size in for the year 2016-2020, and forecast of the same for year 2025. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global soy lecithin market.
What are the major applications for Soy Lecithin?
- Soy lecithin is popular because of its emulsifier properties mainly; it improves solidity in margarine and gives consistent texture to dressings and other creamy products.
- It acts as a multifunctional, flexible and versatile tool, to counteract spattering during frying; lecithin is used in chocolates and coatings.
- Lecithin is applied in pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications due to its unique lipid molecular structure.
- It finds applications in various industrial uses such as paints, textiles, lubricants and waxes to improve physical/chemical properties of the products.
- Lecithin is a rich source of choline, which is essential to every living cell in the body and is one of the main components of cell membranes. Dietary choline important for the synthesis of the phospholipids in cell membranes, it is also essential for methyl metabolism, cholinergic neurotransmission, trans-membrane signaling, and lipid-cholesterol transport and metabolism. In no availability of choline, the cell membranes would harden, prohibiting important nutrients from entering and leaving the cell. Thus it is used as nutritional ingredient in food and also in medicines and drugs.
Market Research and Market Trends of Soy Lecithin Ecosystem
- Lecithin is implied in a wide range of food and industrial applications. The French scientist, Maurice Gobley, discovered them in 1850, and named it lekithos, the Greek term for egg yolk. At the time, eggs provided a primary source of commercially-produced lecithin. Today, the majority of lecithin used in food applications is derived from soybeans.
- By products of the soybean, such as soybean oil, lecithin, and milk are very popular in consumers due to their nutritious value and comparative prices to milk products. The discovery of specific health benefits continues, making soy a welcome sight on ingredient labels. Soy has a potential marketing advantage; moreover the abundant supply of soybeans guarantees that ingredients such as lecithin are readily available and at cost effective solution.
- Lecithin is used for treating memory disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer's disease. It is also used for treating gallbladder disease, liver disease, and certain types of depression, high cholesterol, anxiety disorders, and skin diseases such as eczema.
- The soy lecithin's competition in market is other sources of lecithin such as egg yolk, cottonseed, marine sources, milk, rapeseed, soybeans, sunflower, etc. They offer an alternate product for the same purpose as soy lecithin but face challenge due to conditions like habitat creation, seasonal growth, etc. Soya is available in abundance in US markets.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Soy Lecithin Market - Overview
2. Soy Lecithin Market - Executive summary
3. Soy Lecithin Market
4. Soy Lecithin Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
5. Soy Lecithin Market - Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Soy Lecithin Market - By Function (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
7. Soy Lecithin Market - By Type De-Oiled (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
7.1. Fractionated Modified
8. Soy Lecithin Market - By Modification (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9. Soy Lecithin - By End Use Industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
9.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
9.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
10. Soy Lecithin - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Soy Lecithin Market - North America Segment Research
10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
10.3. Soy Lecithin - South America Segment Research
10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.5. Soy Lecithin - Europe Segment Research
10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.7. Soy Lecithin - APAC Segment Research
10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11. Soy Lecithin Market - Entropy
11.1. New product launches
11.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
12. Soy Lecithin Market Company Analysis
12.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
12.2. Archer Daniels Midland Company
12.4. Lipoid GmbH
12.5. American Lecithin Company
12.6. LASENOR EMUL
12.7. Lecico Gmbh
12.8. Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd
12.9. Ceresking Ecology & Technology Co. Ltd.
12.10. Bunge Limited
13. Soy Lecithin Market - Appendix
14. Soy Lecithin Market - Methodology
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vj1k6n