DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Metabolic Acidosis (MA) - Epidemiology Forecast - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, along with historical and forecasted Metabolic Acidosis epidemiology in 7 major markets (7MM) the United States, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan, 3 emerging markets (3EM) Brazil, China, and Mexico.
Metabolic Acidosis Understanding
Acid-base disorders, comprising of metabolic acidosis, are disturbances in the homeostasis of plasma acidity. Distinct acidosis can be characterized by a process that increases serum hydrogen-ion concentration. The term acidemia is used to define the total acid-base status of the serum pH. For example, a patient can have multiple acidosis contributing to a net acidemia. It is categorized, based upon its origin - as either a respiratory acidosis that involves changes in CO2 level, or metabolic acidosis, which is influenced by bicarbonate (HCO3). Metabolic acidosis has been identified as a key risk factor in the progression of chronic kidney disease (CKD)
Metabolic acidosis is defined by an increase in the hydrogen-ion concentration in the systemic circulation, which results in a serum bicarbonate (HCO3) < 24 mEq/L. It is not a benign condition and shows an underlying disorder that needs to be corrected to minimize morbidity and mortality. The many etiologies of metabolic acidosis are classified mainly into four mechanisms: acid ingestion, increased production of acid, decreased excretion of acid, and renal or gastrointestinal (GI) bicarbonate losses.
Metabolic acidosis can be acute or chronic. Acute metabolic acidosis is comparatively more common among severely ill patients than chronic metabolic acidosis. The frequency of chronic metabolic acidosis might increase with the expected rise in CKD in the geriatric population. Metabolic acidosis, acute or chronic, can have adverse effects on cellular function and can contribute to increased morbidity and mortality.
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM+3EM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Metabolic Acidosis?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the Metabolic Acidosis epidemiology across 7MM+3EM and which country will have the highest number of patients during the study period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the total number of patients of Metabolic Acidosis across the 7MM+3EM during the study period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the total number of patients of dRTA across the 7MM+3EM during the study period (2017-2030)?
- Among the EU5 countries, which country will have the highest number of patients during the study period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR the patient population is expected to grow in 7MM+3EM during the study period (2017-2030)?
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of Metabolic Acidosis?
- Which diagnosis strategy is followed and suggested by the healthcare experts?
Reasons to Buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the Global Metabolic Acidosis Epidemiology.
- Quantify patient populations in the Global Metabolic Acidosis Epidemiology to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and gender that present the best opportunities for the regions covered.
- Understand the magnitude of Metabolic Acidosis population by its severity.
- The Metabolic Acidosis epidemiology report and model were written and developed by Masters and PhD level epidemiologists.
- The Metabolic Acidosis Epidemiology Model developed by the publisher is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based on transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over 12-year plus forecast period using reputable sources.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary of Metabolic Acidosis
3. SWOT Analysis of Metabolic Acidosis
4. Metabolic Acidosis: Market Overview at a Glance
5. Metabolic acidosis: Disease Background and Overview
5.2. Signs and Symptoms
5.5. Effects of metabolic acidosis on the kidney
6.1. Management of metabolic acidosis in CKD
7. Epidemiology and Patient Population
7.1. Epidemiology Key Findings
7.2. Assumptions and Rationale: 7MM+3EM
7.3. Epidemiology Scenario: 7MM+3EM
7.3.1. Total Prevalence of CKD patients in the 7MM+3EM
7.3.2. Total Prevalence of Metabolic Acidosis in CKD patients of the 7MM+3EM
7.3.3. Total Prevalence of dRTA in the 7MM+3EM
7.3.4. Total Diagnosed Population of Metabolic Acidosis in the 7MM+3EM
7.3.5. Total Diagnosed Population of dRTA in the 7MM+3EM
7.3.6. Gender-Specific diagnosed cases of Metabolic Acidosis in the 7MM+3EM
7.3.7. Total Treated Population of Metabolic Acidosis in the 7MM+3EM
7.3.8. Total Treated Population of dRTA in the 7MM+3EM
8. The United States Epidemiology
9. EU-5 Epidemiology
9.5. The United Kingdom
10. Japan Epidemiology
11. Brazil Epidemiology
12. China Epidemiology
13. Mexico Epidemiology
14.2. Report Methodology
15. The Publisher's Capabilities
17. About the Publisher
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/e27wgz