DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "China Telecom Operators - Country Intelligence Report" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024.
Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The outbreak of coronavirus pandemic has stalled the economic and business activity in China, which will cause the overall telecom and pay-TV service revenues to register a year-on-year decline of 3.7% in 2020. However, as the economy starts to recover, we expect the revenues to increase at a CAGR of 1.3% over 2019-2024, mainly driven by growth in mobile data, fixed voice, and fixed broadband segments.
Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2019-2024, driven by supported by growing mobile Internet subscriptions and increasing data ARPU over the forecast period. All the major MNOs are focusing on 5G network expansion to compete in the market.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in China.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in China will grow at a CAGR of 1.3% during 2019-2024.
- Mobile revenue will account for 56.3% share of the total telecom revenue in 2024, supported by growing mobile Internet subscriptions.
- With all the three operators engaged in accelerating their roll-out of 5G network services, we expect 5G subscriptions to account for 52.8% share of the total mobile subscriptions by the end of 2024.
- The top two mobile operators, China Mobile and China Telecom, will account for 76% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2019.
Key Topics Covered
1. Market Highlights
- Demographic, Macroeconomic, and Regulatory Context
- Demographic and Macroeconomic Context
- Regulatory Context
2. Telecom and Pay-TV Services Market Outlook
- Total Telecom Service Revenue
- Mobile Services Market
- Fixed Services Market
- Pay-TV Services Market
3. Competitive Landscape and Company Snapshots
- Competitive Landscape
- China Mobile
- China Unicom
- China Telecom
- Additional Resources
- Baseline Forecast Assumptions
- Data Tables
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yvwwhv