This report investigates the business case and the market potential for CSPs to capture some of the growing public cloud market with Edge Cloud (the optimum combination of access network and edge computing). In particular, it looks at the key differentiation that CSPs can achieve in, what is likely to be, a very competitive market.
Public cloud has transformed the IT world; with applications that would have traditionally been managed by an enterprise on-site now being hosted in the cloud. However, some applications cannot be moved to a centralized public cloud for reasons of latency, mission criticality and backhaul network capacity/cost.
Similarly, many exciting and innovative new use cases are stalled by the limitations of end devices and the latency and communication capacity/costs to the centralized cloud. This is the opportunity for Edge Cloud.
Key Topics Covered:
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. CSP CHALLENGES
- The CSP challenge with 5G
- The challenge with the traditional CSP approach to resilience
- The challenge from public cloud
- Competition to the CSP Edge
3. THE WAY FORWARD
- The challenge of edge computing for CSPs
- The Cost balance model for Edge
4. A NEW APPROACH RAINN?
- Learning from RAID
- Learning from Public Cloud
- Learning from enterprise SD-WAN
- Edge Cloud RAINN Principles
- Leveraging Cellular infrastructure for access resilience
- Leveraging Cloud infrastructure economics
- Leveraging lower power and environment costs
6. ABOUT THE AUTHOR
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wenmtg
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.