Wireless Radio Access Network (RAN) is a part of mobile telecommunication system. It is wireless network infrastructure associated with macro cell RAN used for sharing cell sites, transport infrastructure, radio spectrum, and baseband processing resources. Radio and network as a service and baseband processing on the cloud are innovations to increase the data usage efficiency.
It lays between devices such as mobile phone, computer and remotely controlled machine and provides connection with its core network. Wireless Ran provides connectivity between core network and the user equipment. It is a new wireless concept which provides flexibility, scalability and energy saving. It is advantageous for deploying large networks of small-base stations and is beneficial for operators in reducing maintenance cost and upgrading their networks.
Radio access networks are broadly classified into two types i.e. Generic Radio Access Network and GSM Edge Radio Access Network. GRAN uses base transmission stations and controllers to manage radio links for circuit-switched and packet-switched core networks. GERAN supports real-time packet data. Two other categories of radio access networks are UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access Network (UTRAN), which supports both circuit-switched and packet-switched services; and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN), which focuses only on packet-switched services. E-UTRAN also provides high data rates and low latency.
RAN architectures lately are being used particularly in digitally transformed networks they separate the user plane from the control plane into different network elements. In this algorithm, the RAN controller can exchange user data messages through a software-defined networking switch, and a second set with base stations via a second control-based interface.
In RAN technology, the separation of control plane and data plane will be a vital aspect of the flexible 5G radio access network, as it aligns with SDN and network functions virtualization (NFV) techniques such as service chaining and network slicing.
Radio Access Network Evolution towards 5G technology has led to upsurge in the number of patents. Due to the 4g technology becoming popular there is stringent competition amongst firms and moreover their healthy competition has now turned into a technology- war like situation.
The market is currently going through data revolution. With the growing implementation and development of technologies such as cloud computing and AI, the W-RAN usage is also intended to grow. The modern RAN architecture should offer high-speed data connectivity to facilitate these technologies.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market - key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Wireless RAN - Market Overview
2. Wireless RAN - Executive Summary
3. Wireless RAN - Market Forces
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Constraints
3.3 Market Opportunities
3.4 Porters five force model
4. Wireless RAN - Strategic analysis
4.1 Value chain analysis
4.2 Opportunities analysis
4.3 Product Life cycle
4.4 Suppliers and distributors Market Share
5. Wireless RAN Market - By Components and Sub-Types
5.1 Product Segment Analysis
5.1.2 Radio Equipment
22.214.171.124 Base Station
126.96.36.199.1 Macro Cell
188.8.131.52.2 Micro Cell
184.108.40.206.3 Pico/Femto Cell
220.127.116.11 Base Controller
5.1.3 Radio Software
5.1.4 Managed Service
6. Wireless RAN Market - By Technology
6.2 2G (GSM)
6.3 2.5G (GPRS)
6.4 2.75G (GSM-EDGE)
6.6 4G (LTE)
7. Wireless RAN Market - By Vertical
8. Wireless RAN Market - By Country
8.1 North America
8.2 South America
9. Wireless RAN Market- Entropy
9.1 New product launches
9.2 M&A s, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
10. Wireless RAN Market - Company Analysis
10.7 Company 7
10.8 Company 8
10.9 Company 9
10.10 Company 10 and more
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/efm4xs